cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
Ponchow06
Honored Guest

Yeah all I’m asking for is to get the option to choose from another preset again, since the one I chose at first does not look at all like me. It really shouldn’t be that hard to reset your avatar, it’s such an obvious feature.

theosakadude
Protege

Kojack, that is a useless response. You are not understanding. I CAN"T change my avatar AT ALL!  Nothing is working. It ONLY gives me the middle eastern woman avatar and NOTHING else. I can't even go back to my old avatar with no legs (pre-Horizon). NOTHING is working, in Meta Quest 2 or via the web. Something is either broken with my account or Meta is purposely NOT fixing it.  You don't look female or male based on clothing, how silly is that in your response.

tloveland
Honored Guest

+1 to being able to delete, or at least reset one's avatar. I picked the first one I saw to get through the prompts and now want to reset and redo it, but can only tweak small details.

Regamz10
Honored Guest

Hi I just got the oculus and I made my avatar I like it but when I’m playing games like job simulator I’m under ground and I can’t fix that and there’s no delete button 

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

Hey there@Regamz10!

I don't think Job Simulator uses the avatar from your profile, mate. If memory serves, you're just a pair of hands in that one. If you're showing up underground, you may need to reset your position. Have you tried holding down the oculus button on the right controller? That's the little oval-ish button under the right thumbstick. If you haven't, hold it down for about 5 seconds and you should be golden!

That being said, I see that some of you guys are mentioning having some ongoing avatar issues. That's no good, let me see if I can help. 🤙

To get started, here's a link with the official breakdown for how to create/edit the avatar on your Meta Horizons profile. 

If there's something more specific going on and the link isn't what you needed, post the details and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of it. 😎

theosakadude
Protege

I have a Meta Quest 2 and at some point, I believe it's when I created a Horizon World's profile on my VR device, something went horrible wrong (I have no memory though of playing with Mother Nature however) and I was given the default Middle Eastern 'woman' avatar. I a dude from Canada and non-affiliated with any religion.  So when signed into my Meta Quest 2 VR device and using the Horizon World's avatar, I'm stuck being a female.  I tried going into avatar management and changing it to a guy avatar, but there are ZERO options for me to do that. It only allows me to pick from female Middle Eastern options.  I can't delete it. I can't switch to a male avatar profile. I cannot even switch to the 'old' head and body avatar that came before the new avatar bodies. 

Recently it did allow me to change the 'features' of the Middle Eastern woman (hat, hair, eyes, clothing, etc)....but the fact remains I'm stuck in a female avatar and cannot change, delete, or restart fresh.  

How can I fix this. I knowi t's happening to many many people using the Meta Quest 2 and Horizon World's profile.  The fix should be super simple - delete current avatar and create new one.

Help. I haven't used my Meta Quest 2 since after having a horrible experience entering in Horizon World's and people thinking I'm pretending to be a woman (with a male voice). Doesn't go over well.

I can't upload a photo of it because its only accessible from the headset and google search turns up none of the original default avatars.

Thanks.

Regamz10
Honored Guest

Thanks but I’ve been trying that didn’t work

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

@theosakadude @Regamz10

Interesting... You may have an update that hasn't fully applied itself. Let's find out. 😎

The avatars are going to be gender neutral, so those won't change. What you'll swap around is like, clothes, hairstyles etc. Are you guys specifically trying to change the gender, or are you trying to change the details and it's not saving? Have you made sure your mobile app is up to date?

If were looking at a potential update issue, I'd say your best bet is to start with a hard reboot on your headset. You can do this by holding the power button down for about 40-50 seconds. Your headset will restart on its own, and once you're back at the home screen, you're golden. This is great for forcing updates through and fixing the odd glitch or bug from time to time. 👍

Once you've gone through that hard reboot, give these steps a follow:

• In your headset, tap on your profile picture.
  • Select "Edit Avatar"
  • In the left hand menu, select a category under "Appearance"
  • Once you're done, select the save and exit option at the bottom

If we're talking about Horizon Worlds specifically, you have some other options for editing your avatar. Here's a link with some solid information about all that. Here's the walkthrough for changing your Horizons avatar:

• Hop into Horizon Worlds
  • Turn over your left wrist, tap the three line icon and select "Profile"
  • Select "Edit Avatar" in the top right.
  • This menu will have many more options, and you can even randomize your appearance.
  • And finally, select "save changes"

If that doesn't work, please let me know. I'd be interested in knowing if it just flat out fails to update, or if it gives some kind of error code. You can take a picture on your headset with your phone. Cover up the forehead sensor (the little light dot in the middle of the facial interface) and snap a picture through one of the lenses. If it gives you a code, error, or message, including a picture of it would be helpful, if possible.

Ponchow06
Honored Guest

YES! This happened to me exactly. I can change the features, but my avatar still looks like a girl (I’m a guy btw). I just wish meta would add a feature to choose another template, it’s something so stupidly obvious, that it’s weird how it isn’t a thing yet.

Ponchow06
Honored Guest

Hey! Thanks for the reply, but that isn’t really solving the issue. The thing is I (and I’m sure I speak for most of us here) would like a completely different template, since the one I accidentally chose does not look at all like me. Yes, I can change the eye color, body type, hair, etc. but it still doesn’t look good. I just wish we could choose to start over, since getting stuck on one avatar permanently really doesn’t make any sense. Thank you!