cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Avatar!!

Kevo348
Honored Guest

I can see many people have tried to get you to allow deletion of Avatars. I will now add my voice. It is crazy that you get one go only and then it’s locked. I want to change the whole body shape, not just the subtle differences. 
please update his ASAP as it seems such an easy fix/win for you. 🤷‍:male_sign:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@NaderJF- At one point it was possible to delete your custom avatar. In some situations you still must have an avatar, but its just a grey shadow looking avatar. @f3g4t0 found a way - depending on the Meta Quest app version you have the steps are tricky. I was able to remove my custom avatar a few months ago which is better than having the strange non-human avatar options available to use.

Review this and see if you can also do it.

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Ideas/Delete-Oculus-Avatar/idc-p/1086850/highlight/true#M34247

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

N9NETEEN84
Honored Guest

At this time there is no option to delete an avatar once created. You are stuck with whatever garbage you chose as an avatar or in my situation whatever garbage your kids created for you. All you can do is modify what you have so good luck. I am referring to the in game avatar not the picture or torso top avatars. DEVELOPERS PLEASE GIVE US A DELETE AVATAR OPTION. 

Hello there, @N9NETEEN84! We appreciate you letting us know that you want to add more customizable options, such as the ability to recreate your avatar for your account. We understand how important it is to have your avatar reflect your personality in VR, and we're happy to direct you to the proper channels to have your voice heard!

Please follow this link to our Ideas Forums Page. There, users are able to share their ideas and suggestions amongst each other, and posts are viewed by our developers and engineering teams!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Please add this functionality. Its been 2 months. Just let people delete their avatar. I'm stuck with an avatar with a head covering and earrings that I cannot get rid of. If there's the option of selecting an avatar in the beginning, WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO RESELECT?

"We understand how important it is to have your avatar reflect your personality in VR"

What is actually important to me is to have my avatar reflect my personality and desire to appear invisible. If I am REQUIRED to have a weird uncanny valley looking avatar, at least let me personalize it by making it invisible. Of course, I'd really prefer to have no avatar, but since it must reflect my personality, invisible would be an acceptable alternative.

magiclantern2021
Explorer

I completely agree.

I'd really prefer no avatar, but since it must reflect my personality, how about allowing me to pick a realistic skin color such as invisible? Or if I have to have a weird alien-looking uncanny valley non-gender-non-human looking thing, let me pick fun colors like green skin!

NaderJF
Explorer

I want to delete my avatar too how is it possibile? I want to delete it completely. Don't answer me that it is impossible because I don't believe it for a second. Thanks

Hey there @NaderJF! We understand you would like to delete your avatar completely. At this time, we do not have the option to delete the avatar but we'd love to direct you to our Ideas Forum, where you can get more eyes on your suggestion so this could potentially be an option in future! We hope you find this helpful! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@NaderJF- At one point it was possible to delete your custom avatar. In some situations you still must have an avatar, but its just a grey shadow looking avatar. @f3g4t0 found a way - depending on the Meta Quest app version you have the steps are tricky. I was able to remove my custom avatar a few months ago which is better than having the strange non-human avatar options available to use.

Review this and see if you can also do it.

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Ideas/Delete-Oculus-Avatar/idc-p/1086850/highlight/true#M34247

Thank you sooo much!! I could finally delete it the way you kindly suggested! Thank you