cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah there should be this is getting annoying.
ymrich
Honored Guest
Agree, no matter what combination you choose, all avatars are incredibly ugly. I also created it by accident, when I was trying to change my profile picture...
spacespartan575
Honored Guest
It seems like a cool concept at first, but then you realize there it little you can do to actually make an avatar yours if you get what I mean. There isn't a lot of custimization and every avatar is horrid.
r8rsfn12
Avatar was made by mistake. I want it deleted. But there is no option to delete it. I have seen other users complain about this. Can there please be a option to delete your avatar
kinetikz5862
Honored Guest
My fiance made mine and now im stuck with what she would of made if she had her own. Pretty dumb if its your account and someone else makes it and you cant change it
flipflopmandan
Honored Guest

Hello, got a quest 2 yesterday. My daughter had a go and set up a female avatar as me. I'm her dad and would like to change it. No option to delete it. Any idea how?

Escanor.DS
Honored Guest

I get that they are trying to be inclusive for everyone. However I believe that a lot of user would like to see well defined options let’s say Male, Female, and inclusive is the one we have now. In their attempt to include everyone they secluded all of us who have well defined gender rolls. Just to clarify I do not have anything against people with different likes or orientations. I believe that is the differences between us that make us special. As long as we are happy let’s embrace who we are freely.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey flipflopmandan,

We see you'd like to change your avatar since your daughter didn't quite make it your likeness. While you can't delete that avatar, you can certainly change it. We have a varying selection of options for your avatar; they differ between female and male body types including your facial features, hair, and clothing. You won't actually select the gender of your avatar, just which body type you like for yourself. Here's what you'll want to do:

1. Put on your Oculus Quest 2, Quest, Go or Gear VR headset.

2. Select your profile picture from the navigation menu, then select Edit Avatar.

3. Select a category under Appearance in the left menu in the left menu to customize your avatar.

4. When you're done, select Save Avatar & Exit on the bottom.

We're happy to help if there's any other questions we can assist with.

lensmandave
Superstar

Hmm, I think the editor works quite well. I managed to create an avatar of myself and was complemented by my brother for the likeness. Maybe he was just being kind 🙂

Honestly I don't know what you mean by a 'well defined gender roll'

DrZeppers
Explorer

I side with the OP, as I and many others posting on the web (searching about it led me here) believe the current avatar system is a bit feminine. Many are asking how to change to male, as they believe female was originally chosen at some point directing their avatar creation options. This is not the case, there is no gender selection for avatars. However that does not detract from many peoples perception, that what is offered is indeed feminine, much too so for that matter. I am a 57 year old man, with long hair past my shoulders. Any attempt to match my non-feminine reality, shows as quite feminine in Oculus Avatars.  Not a look i am going for, I hope they update things in the near future.