cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting oculus videos on mobile

spicyskips
Honored Guest

Is there any way to delete or unsync videos or pictures on the meta quest app? I have tried deleting thr spp and reinstalling it but they are still there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! Thank you all for bringing this to my attention. I've flagged this with our internal team and they've informed me that anyone who still has synced media in their mobile app after 90 days should Submit a Bug Report. Thank you all for your patience during this time. If you want to see a "Delete" button to be added to synced media in the mobile app, please head over to our Ideas Board and make a post requesting that feature.

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @spicyskips! We definitely want for you to be able to delete old videos and pictures that you don't want on your app anymore. We're here to help!

To delete a file from your Meta Quest mobile app:

• In your headset, navigate to the Files app
  • From the Files app, navigate to the file you want to delete.
  • Select the three dots on the file you want to delete, then select "Delete".
  • If you have media syncing turned on, select "Delete and Unsync" to delete the file from your Quest 2 and your Meta Quest mobile app.

If you don't want to delete the file completely from your headset, you can instead manually unsync individual files. You can do this by following the steps above, and selecting "Unsync" instead of "Delete" on each individual file.

We hope this info helps! Let us know if you need any more assistance, or if it all works!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again! We wanted to check in to see if you were able to delete and/or unsync your files in your mobile app with the steps we provided. Just let us know if you need any more help, we're here for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have deleted the file from my oculus so I cant do these steps 

Hi there! Thank you for reaching back out. So is the issue now that you have have deleted the files and they are still showing?

If so, using this link here you can see the many ways that you can factory reset your device. Here you can see how to activate the Cloud Backup that allows you to keep gameplay progress. 

Let us know how this works for you!

Hi again! We just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were able to try those troubleshooting steps that we suggested?

We look forward to providing further assistance if needed!

I have, unfortunately, done the same thing as above. I took photos, synced them with the mobile app, and then deleted them from the quest device without unsyncing them. I really do not want to factory reset my device and lose any other data, I just want to remove the photos from the mobile app. Is there any way to do that? 

Hey there @msdrwho, we see you are having issues unsyncing your quest and are concern the factory reset. We can understand how troublesome this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can. In order to delete photos, please go to your Settings, then to your Storage. In your Storage you will see a drop down menu that says Applications, and you'll want to switch that to Images. There you should see a trash icon next to your images that will allow you to delete your photos. We hope this helps! 

Thank you for your response. The problem, however, is that I have deleted them from the headset without first unsyncing them from the mobile app. The pictures are no longer available on the headset but they are still in the mobile app. How do I remove them from the mobile app?

Hey Msdrwho, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app. If you have, please try the following.

First, turn on your cloud backup:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Please not that factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account. If the issue still persists after this, reach out to our Online Support Team so they can get to the bottom of this for ya! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?