cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop store not working

shawn.silver.31
Honored Guest

I am trying to purchase a game for a gift. I input the email and message and hit submit. The screen appears to be processing but is stuck there. It does the same on my phone.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @shawn.silver.31. We understand that you are having trouble making a gift purchase via the Desktop Store. Having something like this happen can certainly throw a wrench in your gifting plans, and we want to help get this straightened out. For us to get to the bottom of the issues, can you tell us a few things?

• Are you getting any error messages? If so, can you send us a copy?
  • Does this happen with a certain game?
  • Have you tried a different browser or device?

Please let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your reply

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

shawn.silver.31
Honored Guest

No error message. After inputting the email and message the screen changes to the image attached and is stuck there. I am using Chrome. I have not tried other browsers because Chrome works for virtually every browser application and use. 

Screenshot_20230312_092809_Chrome.jpg

Hey there, @shawn.silver.31. Thank you for reaching out and bringing your purchase issues to our attention. We just have a few more questions for you.

Is this the process you're attempting to use to purchase a game as a gift?

To send someone a gift:

1. Navigate to the Meta Quest Web Store from your browser.
  2. After selecting the app you want to send, click Buy for a Friend.
  3. From the Buy a Gift window, enter your friend's email in the To field.
  4. You can optionally add a gift message. Then click Next to go to the payment page and complete the purchase.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app and the mobile app?

If your issue persists, please let us know. We are here to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I believe I already said this, but yes I am trying to send as a gift on a desktop and mobile browser. I followed the steps you have provided and reached a frozen screen, which I attached a photo of. I do not own meta quest, but I had to create an account to send a game as a gift. It's too late now though, their birthday is over and it solidified my decision to not purchase a meta quest for myself. 

Hey there again, @shawn.silver.31. Thank you for your reply and clarifying your question for us.

We are saddened that you were not able to purchase the game as a gift after following the above steps; however, if you come across this situation in the future, please reach out to our support team.

We hope this was useful.