cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develope improved Guardian

Andre_Desira
Explorer

Hi. 

I am a university student and for my thesis I'm trying to improve onto the guardian system by creating a new one and make use of external depth sensing cameras such as a 3D LiDAR to be able to detect obstacles in real-time and represent a 3D mesh of obstacles within the playing area. I was wondering if this is possible to do and test out on my oculus quest 2.

In more detail, I am wondering if I can have other devices communicate with the oculus quest 2 and have a newly developed Guardian system work and be able to overlap a navigation app I would create to test it out.

Additionally, In the case such is possible I would appreciate if you can provide some links and resources to look at in order for myself to be able to implement such a system.

I am aware such implementation was possible on Oculus Rift but I'm not sure if it is possible on the Quest 2.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

2 REPLIES 2

cazforshort
Expert Protege

Super possible. Here's a cool demo I made. Link to vid 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Andre_Desira, that sounds like an amazing thesis! You should head over to our Developer Support page (which we've linked here) and/or our Oculus Developer Forum (which we've linked here) and submit your information there. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!