cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Account as a private person

Ralf090367
Honored Guest

Hi there,

I bought an Oculus Go and now I want to test some Unity apps that I developed for Cardbos with the iPhone, on it. 
To do this, I need a developer account for that, but I have no official organization and I currently have no plans to distribute apps.
Are there legal consistent if I create "Test" Organisation. I  only wont to find out if it's my thing to devolope VR Apps for the Oculus Device.

Greetings

Ralf
2 REPLIES 2

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Hi,

I'm not sure about the go, but if it's the same as the Quest, you activate developer mode from the device settings in the phone app. Once you turn on location and bluetooth, you go to settings, select the device, then select more settings and then developer mode.

You do need to register a business name, but with all the people doing it to side load games, I don't think they check into the company.

Then you can go into the developer mode settings and activate "allow apps from unknown sources".

However, you do this at your own risk, for reasons that should be obvious.

Also, this is the community forum. There is a seperate developers forum on this site. The developer forum posts aren't visible from here.

Ralf090367
Honored Guest
Thank you for your answer. I post something to the developer forum.