cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer mode on kids account

marko.777426
Honored Guest

Hello. I bought my son a Meta Quest 2 about 6 months ago and he's seen alot of videos about using Developer mode to get "cool features" and stuff like that. When I go into my parental settings it won't let me allow Developer mode. I've searched it up everywhere but can't find a solution or explanation. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @marko.777426! We totally get wanting to explore developer mode with your son's account, and we're happy to see your dedication to ensuring their VR experience is top-notch! To start, Parent-Managed Accounts are Meta accounts for 10–12 year-olds, and they have certain features and abilities blocked. We do want to let you know that our Parent-Managed Accounts don't offer access to developer mode or features, as we are all about prioritizing safety and age-appropriate content for our young users. Some other disabled features for Parent-Managed Accounts include Assistant, Oculus TV, Meta Family of Apps social apps (Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp), and Horizon Worlds. Feel free to check out this article to see the social features available for that account as well! Parents who manage teen accounts (age 13 or older) do have the ability to block or allow developer mode, so rest assured that your son can age into those features when their account reaches the appropriate age. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to give us a shout! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @marko.777426! We totally get wanting to explore developer mode with your son's account, and we're happy to see your dedication to ensuring their VR experience is top-notch! To start, Parent-Managed Accounts are Meta accounts for 10–12 year-olds, and they have certain features and abilities blocked. We do want to let you know that our Parent-Managed Accounts don't offer access to developer mode or features, as we are all about prioritizing safety and age-appropriate content for our young users. Some other disabled features for Parent-Managed Accounts include Assistant, Oculus TV, Meta Family of Apps social apps (Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp), and Horizon Worlds. Feel free to check out this article to see the social features available for that account as well! Parents who manage teen accounts (age 13 or older) do have the ability to block or allow developer mode, so rest assured that your son can age into those features when their account reaches the appropriate age. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to give us a shout! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Bummer. Thanks anyways

We're happy to help! Fortunately, these restrictions won't last forever, as they will drop off when the account matures! Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?