cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer mode

mr.toasty1
Honored Guest

I'm on a android and I have watched a few videos and I do everything they have said and developer mode still is not there.    Where is it on the meta app. Thxs

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Mr. Toasty, thanks for reaching out to us about this over the forums. We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties activating developer mode. First lets make sure you are registered as a developer! 

1. Go to: https://developer.oculus.com/manage/organizations/create/
  2. Log in with your account (or set up an account). This can be a Meta, Facebook or Instagram account.
  3. If needed, enter a credit card or phone number. Click on Add next to the method you want to use. Once your account is verified, go back to the main developer page.
  4. Enter your developer organization’s name. If you are an app developer, enter your company’s name. If not, you can just type in whatever you want. Afterwards check the checkbox and click on Submit.
  5. Agree to the Non-disclouser agreement.
  6. Go to https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify/ to verify your account. Here you need to either add a credit/debit card or enter the confirmation code you received to confirm your mobile number.
  7. You are now registered as a developer.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

did all that, and even reset the device, but the developer mode checkbox didn't show up.

Hey there, @flashman86. Thanks for getting this information to us! We know how concerning it can be for a simple issue like a missing checkbox to bring a halt to your plans in developer mode, and we'd be glad to help however we can! Could you reach out to us in a PM so we can look into this some more with you? Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @flashman86. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

Thanks, I figured it out myself. I had to add a card to complete the verification. Unfortunately I wasted $1. This is not much, but in our country, meta is an extremist organization that cannot be paid. Waiting for the police at home xD

We're glad to hear it! The $1 charge was likely just a "ping" fee that most businesses will do to ensure the bank account is valid and will then be refunded, so you won't be missing it for long at all. We hope you enjoy the rest of your week. If there's ever anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to reach out to us! 

Hey there, @flashman86. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?