cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Setup

DannyFowls
Explorer

Hi, I have just received my replacement headset since for some unknown reason my first one wasn't working (I bought that in August). I am now having the same issue of my device going through the setup process until I get to the pairing stage. This is when the problems start I just can't connect it to any device, my PC, my iphone 6s, my familys iphones and my samsung tablet. So there must be something that I'm doing wrong and was wondering if someone could walk me through the steps of setting up my headset.

Kind Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DannyFowls
Explorer

Hi I got it to work, I just switched to my dad's iphone 12 and used his facebook account worked out perfectly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @DannyFowls! We see you need some assistance getting your device up and running. We don't like it when our users are unable to experience the awesome world of VR, not to worry we got you covered! When attempting to connect it to the devices are you getting an error message or the device code won't be accepted?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Im getting an error message saying that it didn't find my device and it has a button to try to connect to it again

Hello @DannyFowls, thank you for that information. We're going to provide some steps, and please let us know if any changes occur after performing them.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Please uninstall and reinstall your mobile app.
  • Clear your Bluetooth cache.
  • Restart your headset.

In case you need the information to restart your headset, check out this link for our article on it.

Hope this does the trick! If not, hit us back up and we'll go into some more troubleshooting.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Will try that now thnx

DannyFowls
Explorer

Hi I got it to work, I just switched to my dad's iphone 12 and used his facebook account worked out perfectly.

Hey @DannyFowls! That is great to hear. We are glad that your issue was able to be resolved and you are back to gaming. If you ever have any other questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?