cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device locked on meta quest app even though I’ve never set a code

meoryes
Honored Guest

37719B61-2DC1-46C8-A554-47781B971BA8.jpeg

I’ve been trying to turn developer mode on my quest 2 on, and when I try to pair my phone to the quest I get an error that says “Device Locked”. I don’t remember ever having to set a code and I don't need any code whenever I turn on my headset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Meoryes! Seems like you have been locked out of you device, we can definitely lend you a hand with that! The only quick solution to fix this issue will be to factory reset your device. Follow these steps to complete the factory reset.

Factory reset your headset:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume down (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this, please, reach out at anytime.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Meoryes! Seems like you have been locked out of you device, we can definitely lend you a hand with that! The only quick solution to fix this issue will be to factory reset your device. Follow these steps to complete the factory reset.

Factory reset your headset:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume down (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this, please, reach out at anytime.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Will I lose games if I factory reset

Hey there! We know how daunting a factory reset can seem, but not to worry! All of your purchased games and apps will be linked to your account, and can be redownloaded once you've logged back in. You can also ensure you have cloud backup enabled so you don't lose any data before resetting with the steps found here. We hope this helps!