cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device will no longer pair to account after factory rest

grievous811
Explorer

Hello, I had been having AirLink issues so I read that a factory reset should fix the issue. the problem is it has now made it much worse. Now I cannot use my Oculus Quest 2 at all. Ever since the factory reset it will not connect back to my account on my mobile device. I have my mobile device and my Oculus connected on the same network. I have my Bluetooth on and my mobile device can locate the oculus and says it is connected to Meta2. I have cleared my bluetooth many times as well. I have reset and re-downloaded the app, restarted, reloaded it, and shut down everything many times. I have checked for any updates on my mobile device and my mobile device meets OS requirements. I have restarted my router. I am at a loss here.

The oculus itself just remains on the same screen showing the code I am to enter into my mobile device. My mobile device allows me to put this same code in (sometimes it states that it has the code automatically) regardless, the mobile device stays on the same screen that states pairing over and over and eventually asks me to try again over and over once it eventually times out. It will not connect no matter what I do. I have spent hours on this now. I have followed all directions I have read from others to no avail. I now wish I wouldn't have even done a factory reset... Please help! 

6 REPLIES 6

LavaAttacker
Honored Guest

Why isn't anyone at Oculus trying to help with this kind of issue???? This is ridiculous! You tell people to factory reset their devices and then your Oculus turns into a useless $300 paperweight that won't connect back to your account! Do something about YOUR mess up Oculus, it's not cool to let thousands of people that buy your products down like this! 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @grievous811. Having a new pairing issue arise after you tried to get rid of your Air Link issue can be frustrating and we appreciate you trying all of those troubleshooting steps to fix it. We can assure that we are going to everything we can to get you back into VR. 

Could you please try going here to pair your headset to your account for us? If that doesn't do the trick, can you please send us a PM?

To send us a private message please click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, my device code is 5 digits and your link is asking for an 8 digit code. Help please

Koori_Tora
Honored Guest

I am having this exact same problem with my original quest. Turned it on and everything that tried to run just gave an error has occured message. Tried updating the headset and still wouldn't work. Did a factory reset to take everything back to zero, but now it won't let me pair with the phone app. The headset will not leave the pairing code screen, and the app just keeps failing and retrying to pair.

Hey there, @Koori_Tora! Thank you so much for reaching out, we're glad you brought this up to us! While a few pairing issues have popped up through the past few years that have been resolved, the one you are experiencing is a part of a different issue our team is currently looking into. We don't have any updates just yet, but we hope to have this fixed very soon! Feel free to reach back out if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, after 5 days of trial and error I did get my device to pair. This is what I had to do (I cannot say that this will help you but this is what I did.) I started another meta account. I then paired my oculus to the new account. After the headset was completely paired and setup with the new account I then did another factory reset, logged out of the new account and logged back into my old account and the oculus paired back to my original account and I have not had any issues for a couple weeks now. I am still having some Airlink issues though so I have to play wired to my pc most of the time unfortunately. As I said I cannot say that this will help you fix your issue but it did fix mine. Best of luck!