cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device won't pair. Is bc it was paired to a device previously?

dodgyy
Honored Guest

My device wont pair. Is it because someone else already paired this same device on another phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@boolinbelin Hey hey, that's quite the pickle there. Pairing to a different phone should be pretty easy, so I'd be glad to help. 

I do want to start off by asking if the account you're trying to pair on your phone is the same one which was used to setup the headset? If it's a secondary account, these aren't able to pair with the headset and would need to be set as administrator by factory resetting the headset and using it as the initial account. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, dodgyy! We would love to assist in getting your phone paired to your headset! We have a couple questions we'd like to ask before providing troubleshooting steps. Please get back to us in a private message with the following questions answered:

• Have you completed the set up of your device and signed in with your Oculus account?
  • Does your mobile app ask for a 5 digit pairing code? 
  • Have you been able to get your phone paired to your headset previously? 
  • Is your phone and headset on the same Wi-Fi connection?
  • Which phone do own? 

Once we have a bit more information, we will be able to provide you with the correct troubleshooting steps to get your phone paired to your headset. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We are looking forward to hearing back from you in a private message 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue...I can't get into the fb page at all. You ask: is your phone and headset on the same wifi connection. I have cable company wifi for my desktop and lap top. (which I am on). My PHONE works even when the cable company shuts down my access to web, so they may NOT be on the same wifi connection. My question then is: how do i find out if phone and headset are on the same wife connection??? thanks for answer. (I posted 3 SOS messages under other topics, all 3 referring to this dilemma. I would really like to pair my headset!! thanks.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey nelliebleu! To check the Wi-Fi setting on your headset, press the oculus button on your right controller and on the right side of your dashboard will be an option for Wi-Fi. the WIFI name will be listed there in the dashboard, and you can also click on the option to change your Wi-Fi connection! We recommend using the 5ghz band Wi-Fi connection between both devices in order to get the fasted connection! For checking on your Wi-Fi connection on your phone, you should be able to search for your which Wi-Fi connection you're using in your settings. 

If your Wi-Fi connection is the same on both your headset and device, then the next step we recommend would be to factory reset your headset. A factory reset will allow for your headset to have a fresh pair ready for you to then connect your phone with! Steps for completing a factory reset can be found in the article at the link here: How to Factory Reset! We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hello!

similarly, I cannot pair my oculus to my phone. They are connected to the same Wifi, the phone is connected to the bluetooth of the Quest 2, and I have tried the trouble shooting steps provided. The device has previously been paired to another phone. Hoping I could receive a phone call or any additional advise on pairing!

@boolinbelin Hey hey, that's quite the pickle there. Pairing to a different phone should be pretty easy, so I'd be glad to help. 

I do want to start off by asking if the account you're trying to pair on your phone is the same one which was used to setup the headset? If it's a secondary account, these aren't able to pair with the headset and would need to be set as administrator by factory resetting the headset and using it as the initial account. 

That is precisely the issue! Thank you for your assistance you kind soul

Always happy to help! 🤗

Heikki3d3
Explorer

I have three pairs of Oculus Quest that bricked when I updated them. I did factory reset, I did everything I could, I sent them three times to Meta to be fixed, got them back three times and no, they will not pair.

Not with WLAN on.

Not with WLAN off.

Not with Bluetooth on or off, OR ANY combination of the aforesaid.

Not with a new phone, not with a new account, not with old phone with old account OR ANY combination of the aforesaid.

I am so sick and tired of Meta's inability to fix their own stuff that I am going to use these as doorstoppers and warn anyone who is considering a Meta product.

Not to even mention my wife's Facebook account that was hacked and that Meta hasn't wanted to bring back to her. 

Meta sucks so bad I have no words anymore.

Hey there! You have a Quest 1?

We are all mad here.