cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences Meta and the ocular

Gabby34
Explorer

Hi, Sorry in advanced... Dont know the 1st thing about these thing.. im trying to buy my kids a vr. Trying to work out the difference between a ocular quest 2 and the Meta quest 2? One says has to connect to a Facebook account but the other one isn't very clear... what is the difference between the two and which is better for kids thanks again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Gabby34 🙂

actually there is no difference.

In 2022 "Oculus Quest" was renamed to "Meta Quest".

Also since 2022 a Facebook account is not longer needed.

Even if you buy a used "Oculus Quest" - I don't think, you can still get a new "Oculus Quest" -  but who knows😁

So, even if you buy a used one.....Facebook isn't required anymore to setup and use the Oculus/Meta Quest.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

They are identical, apart from the logo. The Oculus one will be older, possibly quite a lot older.

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Gabby34 🙂

actually there is no difference.

In 2022 "Oculus Quest" was renamed to "Meta Quest".

Also since 2022 a Facebook account is not longer needed.

Even if you buy a used "Oculus Quest" - I don't think, you can still get a new "Oculus Quest" -  but who knows😁

So, even if you buy a used one.....Facebook isn't required anymore to setup and use the Oculus/Meta Quest.

Ok thank you. Just confusing as the shops are still advertising  one with a log into Facebook. 

Screenshot_20240514-090030_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can still connect your Meta account to your Facebook/instagram account, but it's not a requirement anymore as it was a few years ago.

I prefer not having that connection.

Ok great thank you 😊 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?