cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Head Cursor Dot/Circle (BUG)

PeterCTucker
Protege

Hi,

I was wondering how to disable the head tracked dot(cursor) when I'm not using the Oculus controllers. I'm running an APK, and after a while of not using my controllers, they go away (sometimes in my face, but that's another issue), and it shows a white dot that can be used as a cursor (using volume buttons to click). 

However, when using an android app with a gamepad, the dot is incredibly annoying, and makes the experience unplayable. So how do we disable the dot?

Thanks,
Peter

65 REPLIES 65

I need to cancel the cursor too.

I can't play games when I use quest 3 as a big screen.

This is a reason me and my friends buy quest3.

Powerus
Protege

I just do'nt understand why it's not fixed yet OMG

konsv
Honored Guest

This shouldn't be marked as solved!

I was wondering since I got my Quest 3 what that tracking white dot was which so far the only purpose it served is to be annoying. I couldn't even find instructions in the help section for what it does and how it can be used..

Please, give an option to disable it! 😭

We should create a new ticket/post and referring to this one. After years this is not fixed.

Thats it? A 1000$ piece of tech and you can't watch a movie without draining your controller's battery, or waving at the screen every 2 mins? I'd fire on the spot everyone who thought this was a good idea. No wonder vr is dead and can't get any traction, imagine if netflix had an unresolved bug where you had to press a button on your controller every two minutes to continue watching. It would litterally be a multi billion dollar mistake. But meta seems to think that this is totally normal so it must be.  

Kong777
Protege

Hi,

Referring to the previous post, I also knew that this bug(yes, i call this a bug) is reported years ago. With the better passthrough feature on Quest 3, more and more people use Quest device for as a remote desktop/screen. I assume Meta do not address this issue seriously. Read the latest comments in that post. I hope you did not read it cause it was marked "resolved"? Here is a post to draw your attention again.

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Disable-Head-Cursor-Dot-Circle-BUG/td-p/929103

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Annoying-bug-with-cursor-dot-still-not-resolved/m-p/1...

I created another post, I assume they do not react to this one as it was marked resolved

I think it would be best if you add a function to turn it on and off by triple or 4 taps on the hesdphone arms similar to the pass through function would allow for great user interaction

PeterCTucker
Protege

If you're using a Gamepad here is the fix:
Settings -> Devices -> Gamepad -> Use the gaze cursor while gamepad is paired -> OFF
😁

... however, this does not fix the problem if you're doing any other activity with the wands disabled.

META FIX THIS.

It IS already off. This is not a solution. Tracking dot appears when all controllers are idle. That does not go away with the setting disabled.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?