cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Head Cursor Dot/Circle (BUG)

PeterCTucker
Explorer

Hi,

I was wondering how to disable the head tracked dot(cursor) when I'm not using the Oculus controllers. I'm running an APK, and after a while of not using my controllers, they go away (sometimes in my face, but that's another issue), and it shows a white dot that can be used as a cursor (using volume buttons to click). 

However, when using an android app with a gamepad, the dot is incredibly annoying, and makes the experience unplayable. So how do we disable the dot?

Thanks,
Peter

65 REPLIES 65

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, we understand the headset cursor may be a little annoying; however, there is no way to disable it as it serves the same function as a mouse cursor on a PC when no controllers are detected. The headset would not be useable without it in that state, and the Oculus OS does not currently allow for this level of customization from customers. We hope this helps answer your questions. 👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I think you are very misunderstood on this matter.

It's very very annoying for user using gamepad

Yeah, it's really annoying. I don't know why they would force this feature. "Here you can use an APK, but it's absolutely annoying."

Not excited for the metaverse.

I must admit I'm looking to purchase a new headset by company who admits a little dot in the center view is more then a little annoying.  Watching movies is more agrivating then the headset is worth.  I'd rather go with a company that admit's the customer is agrivated more then a little by such a distraction.  Have a little sympathy for the customer you don't show any.

Personally, I haven't tried connecting a gamepad to my headset. However, I hope someone is able to chime in with a workaround because I would be pretty upset if this happened.

I'll also check in with the team and see if this is intended, or if there's something we're able to do as an official workaround. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I have a workaround for watching movies on the he quest 2 but it’s also not good.  I enable hand tracking to remove the dot however sometimes I see phantom arms twitching and it startles me.  Meta needs a movie mode for distraction free entertainment.  Please make that happen.

I can't stand the white dot.  this wasn't even a problem on the Oculus GO and it seems nobody is going to fix this.  Simply make the dot go away while we're watching youtube or movies or anything that involves the user not needing a mouse cursor blocking their view.  What are you going to do Meta / Oculus people?  

It seems like this was something intended to be, the best thing I could suggest right now would be to post about this in the ideas section of the forums. That's where the engineers look for features or anything to add in the future.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

i watch movies a lot on my quest, and this dot is killing me.