cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Account - Please help!

Sebastian976
Level 2

Oculus Support Team,

My Facebook/Instagram accounts were hacked yesterday and have now been disabled. The automated processes for recovering the accounts did not let me file an appeal. A few hours later, I received an email from Oculus saying my account is suspended as it was linked to my Facebook account. This is beyond upsetting as I have no idea what happened and now all three accounts have been disabled! 

I have paid A LOT OF MONEY for my Oculus 2 headset and purchased many games that I clearly can't use or play with my friends anymore!! I've had my Facebook account for 15 years and Instagram for some time as well. I can't reach anyone on the Facebook/Instagram customer support side. I'm even looking through LinkedIn for people I know that work at Facebook to help me, I am that desperate and I should not have to do this! 

Please help me unlock my accounts! I can provide any prof necessary that I am the owner of these accounts and that they were clearly hacked.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand you're having trouble getting into your Oculus/Meta account due to your Facebook being hacked and then disabled. While we wouldn't be able to assist with retrieving your Facebook account we can certainly point you in the right direction: Please visit the following link for further assistance on your Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/help/1306725409382822?%3F

On the bright side, now that we have Meta accounts and no longer require a Facebook account, we can definitely see if we're able to retrieve your Oculus account. We would like for you to private message us so we can gather some information from you. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

xZeROSiGNALx
Level 2

Did you ever resolve this situation, the same exact thing happened to me and im trying to find answers myself

When I turn on my headset, it notifies me of my facebook account being disabled and that I need to resolve it soon to use the headset. Obviously im not going to be able to resolve it because Facebook has no contact whatsoever to explain that my account was hacked and the obvious profile picture of Elizabeth Hurley is NOT me. Its so frustrating, but im like you, I have tons of money into this headset and im not sure if im gonna lose everything now because of all this. 

Please META.... if there is any other way besides you pointing us to that same website over and over again that wont let us state our defense to our accounts.... throw them our way. Im desperate for answers just like the fellow above is. HELP US!

The same exact thing happened to me and im trying to find answers myself

When I turn on my headset, it notifies me of my facebook account being disabled and that I need to resolve it soon to use the headset. Obviously im not going to be able to resolve it because Facebook has no contact whatsoever to explain that my account was hacked and the obvious profile picture of Elizabeth Hurley is NOT me. Its so frustrating, but im like you, I have tons of money into this headset and im not sure if im gonna lose everything now because of all this. 

Please META.... if there is any other way besides you pointing us to that same website over and over again that wont let us state our defense to our accounts.... throw them our way. Im desperate for answers just like the fellow above is. HELP US!

Same thing happened to me in December. Using the oculus for surgical training research.  My Facebook account fell victim to the isis flag hack.  My appeal was somehow rejected even though the simplest investigation would have made it obvious I’m not a radical terrorist lol.  Now I can’t use oculus for my work/research.  Please help me reactivate my account asap.