cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster

babydonald
Explorer

I hard reset my headset and my right hand controller would not connect so I bought a new one but when I tried connecting my headset to the app it would not work and I couldn’t connect the controller

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

babydonald
Explorer

I finally got it working I kept pressing retry and it connected thank you for helping 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RoastPork
Retired Support

That sounds like a very bad time indeed. What exactly is preventing your headset from syncing to the app? Are you getting any errors or anything that you can screenshot and post here?

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

babydonald
Explorer

I try connecting it to the app it says put in the 5 digit code I put it in it says please try again something went wrong. When I tried connecting my controller I held down the oculus button and b didn’t connect and tried taking the battery out for a while an restarting my headset to see if that would work

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Let's first focus on getting your headset paired again. I'd like you to try this stuff here in order:

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure user and headset are using the primary account, and not a secondary account.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone. (see below)
    • Android 
      • Open Settings and go to Apps.
      • Go to Bluetooth
      • Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.
    • iOS
      • Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
      • Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
      • Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
    • Power off and then back on again. If unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
  • Try using a different phone.
  • Factory reset the headset

Lemme know if any of these work!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

The problem is I need 2 controllers to put in the wireless network for me to connect the headset but the controller is new and won’t connect 

It's all Bluetooth I'm pretty sure right out of the box/after a factory reset, so we shouldn't have to worry about that yet. Give the other steps a try and also try leaving your battery out of your new controller for at least 30 minutes. This resets the controller in effect and may lead it to pairing. Keep me posted!

babydonald
Explorer

I left it out for 45m and put it back in tried connecting it didn’t work but I saw that it said on my Bluetooth oculus quest 2 idk if your able to do something with that or not 

Okay, that sounds like a step in the right direction. Try pairing again, and if you can't uninstall and reinstall the Meta Quest app and then try again.

babydonald
Explorer

It’s says your pairing code was automatically detected but keeps saying something went wrong

RoastPork
Retired Support

Could you send a screenshot of that "Something went wrong" error?