cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects of my oculus headset- "Your headsets HDMA cable isn't plugged in your headset"

coperak
Honored Guest

Hi, my headset is getting disconnected during game play. There is a notification that says: "You headset's HDMI cable isn't plugged in. Pleas plug in your headset". The disconnect happens for a few seconds, like 1-2, then the headset is back. It is just during play, it is unplayable at that moment. Some games needs to be restarted. And it is very common issue. It wasn't happening before. I don't know when it started.

I have oculus rift and touch.

During setup all is well. Updated nvidia to latest drivers. Reinstalled oculus. Nothing helped. Still getting the disconnects. Tried to use other usb 3 ports as well.

Not sure what to do, but it is becoming unplayable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coperak
Honored Guest

Thanks for the help. This was discussed and fixed through email thread.

As mentioned, updating the usb and chipset drivers from motherboard's manufacturer page solved the issue, even though they might be older then current win 10's drivers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @coperak. Getting an error when you're attempting to play and have fun with friends can definitely be troubling. We appreciate you trying all of those troubleshooting steps to fix this issue. We would like to take a deeper look into this and see what could be causing this. In order for us to do that, we would need for you to send us a PM. 

To send us a private message, please click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

coperak
Honored Guest

Thanks for the help. This was discussed and fixed through email thread.

As mentioned, updating the usb and chipset drivers from motherboard's manufacturer page solved the issue, even though they might be older then current win 10's drivers.

Gotcha! Thank you so much for letting us know! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!