cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted Display?

DarkTenka
Trustee
So I feel like Im noticing my display seems a little distorted lately. At first I thought it was just me and I was just powering through it .. when Im playing its not to noticeable, but if I sit still and try to look around at things I notice some distortion as I turn/move. I also feel like my display is slightly tilted forward. I try adjusting the rift up/down as well as the Lens Slider and it seems to help but it seems there is still some distortion mostly and I cant seem to get a setting that is 100% perfect.

I never noticed it since before last month ... but lately its kinda more noticeable.. am I just going crazy?
4 REPLIES 4

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'll pay extra special attention to this today, but I did play over an hour of Defense Grid last night and everything seemed just fine. You recently had an issue with your sound right? Which I believe may have been related to a cable issue. If so, perhaps something has occurred with your cables that impact not only your sound, but now your visuals.

If the distortion is present only when "moving" but not when stationary, then I'm inclined to believe there's a cable issue going on.

DarkTenka
Trustee

Zenbane said:

I'll pay extra special attention to this today, but I did play over an hour of Defense Grid last night and everything seemed just fine. You recently had an issue with your sound right? Which I believe may have been related to a cable issue. If so, perhaps something has occurred with your cables that impact not only your sound, but now your visuals.

If the distortion is present only when "moving" but not when stationary, then I'm inclined to believe there's a cable issue going on.

I had an RMA from the sound issue. This is a new HMD since then (replaced back in February).

From the research I've done Im thinking it might need an IMU recalibration as the weather has changed the temperature drastically very recently. Furthermore my extensive play sessions in To The Top are basically full gym sessions that turn my room from freezing cold into basically a sauna.

I did also briefly experience a slightly left tilted display sometime back in march/april but that went away and hasnt returned since.

Its usually so minor you dont even see it but randomly it seems to get worse and making HMD adjustments don't seem to help.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, it could be the IMU calibration. If you put in a support ticket, we can send you the tool.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DarkTenka
Trustee

Yeah, it could be the IMU calibration. If you put in a support ticket, we can send you the tool.

Done. Thanks @cybereality