cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Buy a Oculus - There is NO Customer Support

littleisabelle
Honored Guest

Hi everyone,

Like thousands of other people I am very frustrated with Meta/Facebook. Just like their ads platform, there is ZERO customer service for their VR product.

The support team is based in Philippines and reciting scripts - taking no action or getting anything sorted. I am surprised Facebook doesn't just use a bot.

The product quality is poor and breaks very easily. So naturally, sent it in for a replacement. I don't think I am ever getting it back. Every response is 'be patient we are looking into it'. 

Now my main point, I understand Mark Zuckerberg has a vision for the metaverse. This is why Facebook was rebranded to Meta and a focus has been put into VR and oculus. However, I think until Meta can have REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT like Apple, the metaverse will stay only a dream. 

My 2 cents

Disgruntled customer,

32 REPLIES 32

I'll do the same, good idea. I've messaged watchdog already. 

Watchdog was next on my list 👍

My request number is 5574276 

I just sent back my 2nd refurbished headset sent to replace the brand new one I purchased through Amazon.  I have been told I am getting a full kit replacement.  Not sure if that means another broken refurbished to buy time or an actual working replacement.  How hard is it to test these before sending them to customers?  Or, here's a concept, send out working new ones before your customer service reputation becomes so well known that people stop buying your product?  

Second headset? I'm worried we all may just get sent "refurbished" faulty equipment back and I'll be waiting for months to come. I bet we all get forgotten about and fobed off with broken tech till after the Christmas rush so they can sell all the new ones and get the money for them instead of honouring their warranty with their current customers. 

stsmith69
Protege

They've assured me they are sending out a new one this time.... But then they have also assured me that there "was movement" on my return weeks ago and that it would "resolved quickly", so I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm also worried now it'll be yet another dodgy refurb sent out that they clearly don't do QA on.

@yakkiescave I hope you linked this thread to Got Your Back and Watchdog?

@MetaQuestSupport you've gone quiet...?

Yep.  1st replacement was a refurbished.  Wouldn't move past the connect controllers prompt...  sent it back.  Got a 2nd one..  same thing.  And I am not a tech moron like they wanted to insinuate.  Then to say it is a known problem after talking to me like I was a fool set me off.  Now waiting for 3rd replacement.  Guess we'll see how it goes. Ugh. 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! I know other folks on our community team as well as the support team are on this, but I'll also check in with the team and see if there's any more weight I can add to the urgency. They're working hard on their end to get things sorted out and replacements sent out as soon as possible.

One of the delays came from an issue with replacement headsets not being able to pair with controllers due to certain software version mismatches. Likely, this is what @ChaosKrew experienced with their second replacement. The engineering team has pushed out a software fix for that in the Meta Quest iOS and Android app v181.1. This update fixed the issue for many people impacted, and there's another fix in the works now for the rest of folks. Once you've got your replacements in hand, you shouldn't run into this issue, but if it does come up, there's a thread here where we'll be letting everyone know when the new update's out.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

So why can't you send us new units out. We bought new pieces of tech that went faulty now we have to put up with barely or not even refurbished rubbish that probably won't work. How deep does this problem go because it's getting absolutely rediculous and there's no one who works for your customer service team who can do anything to help. If there's anymore customer service representatives who are reading this thread and can't help any more than just saying "Thankyou for being patient we're looking into this" then please for heavens sake don't reply its just another kick in the teeth 

Why can't Meta provide us with brand new headsets?  It's not like we are under an accidental damage plan where the replacements are our fault.  Meta sold us faulty product, which is why they are having to be replaced in the 1st place.  Then for us to go through 1, 2, or 3 non-working refurbished replacements is an insult to us as a customer.  And I absolutely agree, if I get another email of reply saying "thank you for being so patience and courteous" or "your cooperation with regard to this matter is commendable" I will lose my mind.  These are direct quotes from multiple replies.  All obviously copy text script.  Over and over again I get these same meaningless words.  I don't want or need words, I need to have a working Quest 2!  That is what I paid your company for, but since you already have my money, Meta doesn't care. 

Not being able to pair controllers is a poor excuse not to send out hardware!  I had this issue with the refurb you sent out to me.  Support were unable to fix it, but I managed to find a workaround which I then told your support about!  This should of been sent out to others having this issue!

I was told by one of your support people that the reason for the delays was you were too busy sending out the new Meta Pro headset.  

This too is a terrible reason and maybe if you are busy sending those out, to actually show some customer service to the people on this thread you should send out new Meta Pro's to us all if that's all you're sending out right now!

You need to do SOMETHING.  This constant "thank you for being patient" and "we are looking in to this for you" is infuriating.