cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do your Rift Lenses Look like This?

gotBurner
Protege
I sent this question in a support ticket as well, just in case but wanted to ask our community too. Do your lenses look like this? See the attached pictures.

I took these pictures right after I wiped down the lenses using only the cloth that came with the Rift.  Pictures in this form I know may not be the best way to see what I see but if you maximize them it may reveal to you the detail I'm questioning. Could it be either dust or something on the inside somewhere, or imperfections of the lens itself on the outside? I want to do my due diligence questioning these marks while my Rift is still pretty much in the first month of ownership and verify something is not wrong with them. Perhaps even something I can do to try to clean or wipe them down I'm not aware of.

I'm often conflicted on if I have set configuration for my Rift on my PC (i7 4ghz, 32GB memory, SSD, 1080 Ti) to its best possible in order to keep it from being blurry to the best of its current technology. I know it will not be perfect but always feel like it should just be better.

Needless to say, closely looking at the lens did show something there and I wonder if that contributed to adding to the blurriness I witness in my VR experience. Or they are all like that and that's just how they look. 

I have experimented with the debug tool and the oculus tray to bump up pixels per display which have improved things. 

Thanks for reading.
11 REPLIES 11

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Wish ya luck bud 
WAAAGH!

gotBurner
Protege
Hey it all worked out!