cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HOT headset cable mean defective Rift?

shim2
Adventurer
My headset has developed an issue. While practicing in iRacing the Rift lost it's audio. I go into the devices tab and it says no hdmi connection. I take the cable out of the headset and it is piping hot. I mean like it is so hot you can't touch it. The cables going to the PC are ice cold. Does this mean a dead headset? I submitted a ticket to Oculus support but thought I should ask here too.
13 REPLIES 13

shim2
Adventurer
I've PM'd cyber my logs, hopefully he passed them on to support. I also tried the Display port to HDMI Adapter that's recommended by cyber. Still no dice. Still says "No HDMI Connection". Tried a different video card as well. Really looking like a headset fault. I just hope Oculus doesn't take WEEKS to get this issue completely resolved. My favorite track is next week in iRacing. I've been looking forward to it for about 11 weeks now. Pretty bummed that I will more than likely miss it due to this damn headset malfunctioning.

shim2
Adventurer
6 days later and the extent of support has been, and I'm quoting here...

We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Seriously, why is support so shit?

shim2
Adventurer
So I submitted another support ticket because it's been almost a week since Oculus' last response. I assume they either trashed it or somehow or another lost it. Given they are responding to stupid questions about touch they should be responding to actual issues with the hardware/software.

It's also nice to know that this is the support section of the official forum and I haven't received one response from Cyber, I've PM'd him and not one response from anyone at Oculus in this thread.

The message that Oculus doesn't give a fuck has been received loud and clear.

shim2
Adventurer
Still nothing, no response just continually telling me to wait until who knows when. Great support so far.(sarcasm)