cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Oculus not support Mac computers now?

Kitesur4
Protege

I want to be able to download files from my mac to my Oculus, it seems I can't anymore. I've done everything I've been able to find on the internet. Android File Transfer, registered as a developer, (I'm not) enable developer mode. Meta doesn't offer any help at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hachi008
Honored Guest

Use SideQuest, it works on mac and all you have to do is plug your headset in to your Mac and choose to trust the computer in your headset.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hachi008
Honored Guest

Use SideQuest, it works on mac and all you have to do is plug your headset in to your Mac and choose to trust the computer in your headset.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Kitesur4, We certainly don't like hearing that you are not able to transfer your files from your Mac to the Oculus. Please rest assured that we will do our very best to get the straightened out for you. We appreciate you attempting several troubleshooting steps prior; however, we do have a few steps for you to try.

• Try using a different cable
  • Use a different USB port
  • Did anything change from when you were able to download it prior
  • Are you getting any error messages when attempting this? If so, can you please take a video or picture?

Let us now if you have any other questions we can help with. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks!  this seems to have resolved the issue.

Nothing has changed from when I was able to move files from my Mac to my Oculus Quest 2, but it was probably a month or more since I did it.  I seem to have found a fix with SideQuest.  Why so much work for something that I was able to do so effortlessly before. Register as a developer, navigate system settings, download an extra program?  Please bring back a fix so regular people can move files without this hasssle because the average people won't do it.

Hey there, @Kitesur4! That's fantastic! We always love to hear that you were able to solve a problem.

Regarding your issue, we definitely want to have this addressed and looked into. We will pass this up the chain to have the right team look into this and hopefully get some answers soon. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. We are happy to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @Kitesur4! We are sending up flares to see if you still need our help. If so, please let us know. 

Still having issues, SideQuest is not working smoothly or at all for me.

Android File Transfer was perfect, not sure why it has stopped working. Please look into further.

Just trying to move .mp4 files from Mac to Oculus

Hey @Kitesur4, we can't speak for SideQuest no longer working because that's not a program we officially support. As for the Android File Transfer issue, we've been receiving reports from Mac users that this process is no longer working for them but the team is still looking into this. 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

I appreciate this being looked into, I totally spaced that this my be a Android File Transfer issue and not Oculus. But, as there are a lot of Mac users, finding a fix would benefit everyone. I hope it is resolved quickly as the Android File Transfer was a simple way to move files.  Thank you for your help and looking into it.

Cheers....Doug