cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't my password for oculus thru FB log in?

Jordanjaves
Honored Guest
I'm trying to buy a game on my quest 2 but it asking for a pin that I dont know. Then I tryed to reset my pin an it asking for my password but I don't know it. The log in is thru my Facebook account how do I reset my password or pin?
18 REPLIES 18

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

You use the settings tab in the phone app.

Jordanjaves
Honored Guest

You use the settings tab in the phone app.

Setting the in the phone app ? Which one ?

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

Seriously?

Open the Oculus app on your phone and...

1- Go to settings

2- Change Oculus password

kclvqhccue2n.jpg

3- Select forgot password

xxryaycjc1fa.jpg

4- If you don't have an Oculus password and only use your Facebook password, you'll need to do this: using an internet browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) open the Facebook login page and select "forgotten password".

gqdypfsawkw9.jpg

5- Follow the instructions to reset your password. 

If you still can't work it out, you'll need to submit a support ticket (Google search "Oculus support ticket").

I'm not getting paid to help you, so some courtesy would be good manners. Please and thank you go a long way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same problem. For 5 hours I tried to solve it and nothing works, very upset!
in my apps there is no option for "change oculus password" like u said.

56vjx9wfbic3.png

and when i written my facebook password to create a new   pin code the answer incorrect passwordbswztlbj9z2y.png

facebook should compensate me for the hours i spent to log in because they don't have any online support  

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

avid777 said:

i have the same problem. For 5 hours I tried to solve it and nothing works, very upset!
in my apps there is no option for "change oculus password" like u said.

56vjx9wfbic3.png

and when i written my facebook password to create a new   pin code the answer incorrect passwordbswztlbj9z2y.png

facebook should compensate me for the hours i spent to log in because they don't have any online support  

Actually, they do have online support. Google search "Oculus support ticket". You can send a message via the support ticket or you can chat live.

And I showed you a screenshot from my phone app that clearly says "change Oculus password". I'm not sure why your version doesn't have it. Maybe you're using iOS?

Did you try changing it through the Oculus website with a browser? Let me know how you go with getting compensated for your time.

WorldDj
Honored Guest
I have the same problem..

MariuszPe
Explorer
and I have the same problem as well, cannot reset passowrd (there is no such option), reseting pin requires password and my FB password is not working,
oculus support pages and broken (there are broken links in crucial sections explaing how to reset password) - I have reported it via support form - it took me about 5 emails before support guys undersood where is the problem even though I pointed broken links in first email, I will see how fast they will fix it,
I have alse spent hours trying to fix this or guess PIN/oculuss password or googling,
shame it is so bad 
PS. my 10 days where I can return my headset are not yet over, I think I will return it if they won't fix it,
it is nonesense - we want to buy stuff=spend money in oculus store and we are blocked

Roostehr
Honored Guest
I'm having the exact same issue. Any solutions found yet? I'm using my facebook password, copy-pasted exactly from notepad into the oculus site, and it keeps telling me it's incorrect.

Snooty_Unicorn
Honored Guest
Had the same problem. If your Oculus account uses facebook to log in, you don't have a password. Therefore, the "change password" option will not show up in any of the apps (PC or phone).

This may or may not be a deal breaker for you. However, for me, the main reason I wanted my password was to change my PIN, which at first was way too easy for my kids to guess. Currently, the "Change PIN" screen on the Oculus app (PC or phone) asks for a password, which doesn't exist. As far as I can tell, this a bug, and hopefully they will fix that soon.

A workaround is this: Go to the Oculus website, and under "Profile" (click your avatar at the top right) you can select "Security." This page will allow you to change your PIN without entering an Oculus password - you just need your current PIN. I suspect the apps will eventually be updated to reflect this, too, although for now it appears the only way to do this is via the web.

Sorry this took you 5 hours - hopefully this will help if your issue is simply changing your PIN.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?