cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Issues

Acepotato007
Honored Guest

Ive been trying to install Pistol Whip, but when I press install, the download bar goes up, then it says it is installing with a little spinning wheel, then says not installed. I don’t really know why it does that but this hasn’t happened with any other games and I have 50 GB of storage, and the game is only 1.2 GB.  Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Acepotato007, we see you're having issues downloading Pistol Whip. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can. To start off, can you let us know if you have done anything so far to try to resolve this matter?

In the meantime, here are some steps you can attempt:

• Check your Wi-Fi to see if there's any connection issues.
  • Check the modem/router.
  • Stand closer to your Wi-Fi access point.
  • Reboot your headset.

Let us know how this goes. We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

I also have download problems. Interessting: I have 3 devices. 2 of them work, the third won't download anything from the store. I have 3 apps waiting for an update but it won't work. Is there actually a problem with the file servers?

Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Hi @h.r.gargi, we see you have problems downloading games as well. This is not the ideal experience we want our customers to have. If you can, please attempt the following steps we provided in our previous response and let us know if any changes occur. We will be awaiting for your response. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I already did that. As I said, two other devices are working, a third not. I managed to download one app at a very slow rate and now it stuck at 0 KB and then is stopping the update process. It looks like that just this device has no access to the store (all three devices on the same Meta Account). Network connection is okay, I tried a speed test with the browser. It looks like a serverside problem.

Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse

Thank you for that information @h.r.gargi. Have you tried using a different connection? Sometimes a new connection will help with these type of problems, even hotspot is a great alternative. If the issue is still persisting, we could go into a factory reset, but you will need to enable your cloud backup first.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

After you have factory reset the headset, and the downloading problem is still happening, please send us a support ticket at Meta Store Support so we can look more into this matter. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

I will try the hotspot solution. After that I gonna wait over night. Maybe something is gonna reset by itself. If that doesn't work I gonna do a factory reset. Since it is one of my Quest Pro I hope there is nothing wrong with the hardware itself. But as I said, it looks like a server problem. Maybe my ISP or on Meta side. Hopefully 😉

Sounds like a plan, @h.r.gargi! Let us know how things turn out, if you're still running into issues then let us know and we'll do everything we can to help out! We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!

Well ... I got it 😉 And sorry, nothing on your side I thought before 🙂 It is a bit embarrassing but it was just an active data synchronisation with my smartphone in the background. I captured some apps as video on this Quest Pro and it started to send the videos to my phone all the time. I saw the message that syncing was finished and suddenly the download rate was back at normal 😉 

That's great! Were glad you were able to get this solved and no need to be embarrassed it happens to the best of us were all learning here! We hope you enjoy your VR headset and if you ever have any concerns in the future don't hesitate in reaching out to us were here to help.