cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drift in Rift apps

raidho36
Explorer
So apparently a bunch of apps just won't stop drifting for me. Anyone have the same problem?

1) Euro Truck Simulator 2 - the strongest drift so far
2) iRacing - sometimes strong, sometimes mild
3) Live for Speed - small drift
4) etc.

I've checked and at least iRacing and LFS are using latest SDK.

It's kinda seriously disappointing, because it's this kind of games where you expect there to be no drift.
12 REPLIES 12

raidho36
Explorer
You can test magnetic fields with a simple compass - as long as it points in same direciton, there's little to no interference.

sh0v0r
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
That is an interesting finding. I was under the impression that drift was mostly fixed w/ SDK 0.2.5 and up.

Please accept my apologies, I had some old code I'd forgotten about that was creating and updating an instance of OVRMagCalibration.

Lunar Flight has an OVRController manager as it uses multiple controllers and needs to change the OVRDevice's current controller reference depending on which one is active. The MagCalibration also needed its controller ref updated if the current controller changed.

Anyway I've removed that and the drift while still present isn't as bad as it was. I'm wondering if the correction might need to be a little more aggressive though?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting find.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV