cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drift

Nisbit
Level 2

My left controller is drifting. I got my quest during lockdown in 2020. I was wonduring if anyone knows a way to get it fixed or replaced in a cheep matter.

I live in seattle if someone knows somewhere out here that could help. Ive done everything i can think of. Batteries I've also taken it apart multible times and cleaned it witch helps but only for about a week.

4 REPLIES 4

You should take it apart again, but this time replace the complete joystick module. Modules available on AliExpress.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We salute your left controller for its service through the great lockdown of 2020 to today. Please first try adjusting the dead zone of the joystick. Here is how:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
  3. Select Controllers in the left menu
  4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

If this does not improve your situation, visit this website (https://metaque.st/Support) to connect with one of our support agents so they can guide you through some advanced troubleshooting options.

What do you do if it goes down when trying to pick game?

Setting a deadzone only masks the effect and presumes that the wear is in the centre of the joystick travel. It also makes the joystick less responsive. If the drift is affecting any of the extremes, a deadzone will be of no benefit and you still need to look at replacing the joystick module.