cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual units

Ahbee2three
Honored Guest

My grandkids always fought over who got to use the quest 2. So I went to Best Buy and asked if I bought another unit,could we access all the purchased games and apps on new unit so both could play and was told yes,to sign in with original acct. But when we did..same issue..only one unit can be used.How do we add a second user so both units can play at same time because now still have the fights and I spent $267 for nothing.

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Ahbee2three 🙂

What the Best Buy employee told you is correct.

If both devices are registered to the same account - your account, I assume - you can install any games you purchased with that account on both devices...

.....but you can't run the same game on both devices at the same time.
So your grandchildren have to decide who plays which game.😁

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Ahbee2three 🙂

What the Best Buy employee told you is correct.

If both devices are registered to the same account - your account, I assume - you can install any games you purchased with that account on both devices...

.....but you can't run the same game on both devices at the same time.
So your grandchildren have to decide who plays which game.😁

We tried but only one unit works so I contacted support and they told me I can’t have 2 devices on same account. They said I had to use a different email address and set up a whole new account and can’t transfer old purchases so they gave me a $30 credit to buy apps

You can have as many devices as you want on your account.

Many users - including me - here in forum have more than one device on the same account.

How did you setup the second Quest....I mean, does the second Quest even turn on?

Hey there @Ahbee2three! Just wanted to touch base and see if you still need help with your problem. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My grandson logged into the account on the new machine and now when my granddaughter tries to get on the old machine it keeps saying there is an error

Still having issues getting both devices to work on same login acct. We figured we would create a new email address to log into the old unit but the $30 credit is on the original acct and we have to figure out how to transfer it so we can buy games for it

Make another account, turn on app sharing on the second headset, sign into the second account with your main account, add the second account to the second headset.

Done deal and now your grandkids could also play multiplayer games together.

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing information, @Das.Bearski! We highly recommend you follow this advice too, @Ahbee2three! By the way, it would be great if you could send us a private message so that we can assist you in transferring the credit to the second account. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

As soon as my daughter creates a new email address will dm you to transfer the credit

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?