cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo VR shutdown

128ajb
Explorer
To whoever it may concern, 

I am deeply saddened by the news that EchoVR will be closing its doors on 1st August 2023. The Echo community is huge, established and it will be a great loss to many of us should the game disappear entirely. This is why I write to you today, to show that there is still demand for the game and I hope that you will reconsider your approach to close down the servers for Echo VR on the due date. 

We do not need much, or for the game to continue to be developed, simply the request to keep the servers open so that we can continue to enjoy and play this game with the friends we have made and the teams we have formed over the years since the game was released. 

If it is a matter of cost, I am willing to offer, along with many others, monetary contribution to upkeep the servers. A small subscription fee each month should be enough to keep your servers open and I hope you will read and consider this proposal.

The community is huge, still growing, and it would be a shame to cut its potential short. There are community members holding tournaments, finding funding for LAN events and all this hard work will be lost the moment you shut down the servers for this game. Some of us play it daily, for exercise, with friends and for mental health and all this will also be lost. 

There is no good reason to cut the life of the game short just because you are putting resources into another game. I am not asking much of you, simply to honour the community that has dedicated so much of their time, energy and sweat into what I believe to be one of the best e-sports in the VR world today. 
I hope this message finds the relevant people with power to overturn the decision in August.

I would like to stress the importance of Echo VR to our community and I sincerely hope that you / Meta, reconsiders the decision to shut down the servers on the 1st August 2023.
196 REPLIES 196

notblue
Honored Guest

EchoVR, #1 esport games, top 10 of the most played video games, and for a lot of us the only reason we use VR is getting shutdown. It's more than a game we play for fun, we met people that changed our lives in this game, played competitively, worked on community project that gave us so many experiences. EchoVR is not just a game, it a lot more. It cannot get shutdown like that after almost 6 years.

Marketes_
Honored Guest

I wont buy Quest 3 if Echo VR is not available anymore. It's the best VR social experience so far.

Covvee
Honored Guest

Echo is where I learned to come out of my shell. I met my boyfriend, and so many of my good friends on that game. It’s become my home. I don’t think Meta understands how horrible this is for them. Echo VR is one of the biggest game on the Meta store, it’s like taking away Beat Saber. Echo is also one of the biggest esports games and the backbone of vr esports. We don’t care if we have to pay for it, we just want our home back. Please don’t evict us.

Reality_Checkk
Honored Guest

not only did they decide to shut down echo arena out of nowhere. They have given us little to no reasoning why. Other than the fact that there working on another project. But why shut down one of your most successful games to work on a new project? This is insane. Echo VR is one of oculus's top selling games. It has almost hundreds and/or thousands of new players each year. Echo VR is where I have a gained some sort of work and I got so much experience with it. If your going to shut it down give us more reason. Tell us why. Not just a vague decision. We don't know if we're getting a new game or not afterwards. We don't know anything other than echo VR has a deeply unwanted fate on August 1 st. 2023. 

Save echo. Restore the future of both eSports and competitive games. 

OneVOneMe
Explorer

Keep Echo alive or announce Echo arena 2 - How are they gonna remove one of the best games in VR? 

Seashocker-
Honored Guest

I am deeply saddened that Echo VR has just announced their shutdown on August 1st. Echo VR is the main reason I use my headset, there are many people who also agree with this. Over 10,000 players have signed a petition to save Echo VR. Echo VR isn't just a game at this point, it's a lifestyle. Echo has been there during my hardest moments and my best moments. Echo has let me meet 100s of people that I am happy to call my friends and I don't know what I would have been doing if it wasn't for Echo. I know countless amounts of people who would pay just to play the game and that is fine with us, just please don't shut down the servers for good. 

I really hope the echo community can fix this and get our beloved lifestyle back.

Sincerely, Seashocker-

MultyTV
Honored Guest

Imagine there is a sport you really love with a passion, that you play everyday, that you put so much effort in and then someone randomly just decides you will never play this sport again.

Origniti-
Honored Guest

I just want to say you're taking away a game where people truly developed deep friendships and made memories. It gets them away from whatever bad things are happening in their real life it's an escape and even if it isn't that to them it's still something that's fun to come play and hangout with friends, randoms, or just talk to people in the lobby. I've met so many amazing people in this game and spent so much time playing it I don't want to lose this game it's one of the only reasons I have my VR at the moment. It's such a unique game there's no other game I could play on here that would give me the same feeling of joy and excitement scoring a goal as this one does. 

Poptarded0507
Honored Guest
  • PLEASE DON'T SHUT IT DOWN

Djunclescott-_-
Honored Guest

I’ve been playing echo arena for nearly 3 years now and to see it go out of nowhere like this truly saddens and angers me. Meta and RAD are shutting down one of the biggest and one of if not the best vr esports game ever. It would make me and every other player that was hurt by this news, so so happy if you guys could rethink your plan. I do not want to see this game go.