cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVE: Valkyrie will not finish installing?

MDesigns
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,

Super excited that my CV1 arrived today, been having tons of fun with Lucky's Tale but wanted to give EVE a try. Unfortunately the software will not complete installation. I am at the point where I am getting the "Finish Install" button, when I click on it, it looks like everything's working and it says "installing" but after a few seconds it says "EVE couldn't install please visit Oculus Support for help"

I have tried restarting, reconnecting all the hardware, etc. but nothing I've tried works. Any ideas?
21 REPLIES 21

DaveR
Protege
You can also try contacting Eve Valkyrie support: https://forums.evevalkyrie.com/t/official-contacting-customer-support/1105

MDesigns
Honored Guest
Thank you, I have sent off an e-mail to their support team.

Steazy
Honored Guest
I was having the same issue, uninstalling the VC++ 2015 redistributable and then reinstalling the Oculus Home software (OculusSetup.exe) I was able to get Eve installed.

As far as I can tell the only other software that was installed after the Oculus Store and before Eve: Valkyrie for me was Farlands... I wonder if it's installing an inappropriate VC++2015 redist? Or maybe it was just a fluke.

MDesigns
Honored Guest
Thanks Steazy, that fixed the issue for me as well!

Blyss4226
Rising Star
I've the same issue, this workaround unfortunately did not help me.

I love my Rift but OMG Oculus Home is a piece of crap. It locks my PC on boot(literally I have to quickly open Task Manager and kill it when my PC boots because as soon as it comes up it hard locks me. Starting it manually after works fine), I've had to reinstall it several times(and lose all my downloads in the process), and now this shenanigans. Wow.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

Steazy
Honored Guest
Made a quick post earlier cause I wanted to play some Eve 🙂

I tracked this down by crawling through each of -
C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Oculus
C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus
C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Oculus

And looking over the log files for "error" and "fail" - once I found the failure the logged line above was pointing at the VC++2015 redist. It sounds like this isn't a very consistently solvable problem, some people have had issues w/ the VC++2010 redist so you may have to do the debugging on your end, which is a PITA I know 😞  Also, how does one app use both VC++2010 and VC++2015?! I mean, I can guess, but... dang, nasty.

Consumer Version maybe a bit of a stretch right now.

When I reinstalled Oculus home (or is it the Oculus Store? whatever it is... the main UI) I also went through and deleted all the AppData/*/Oculus folders, cleared the oculus keys out of the registry and explicitly deleted the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus" folder. I figured most of that was overkill, and it's what I would expect the installer would normally be doing anyway but... BETA software for sure.

Blyss4226
Rising Star
Tried all that, still won't finish installing. Noticed it had an update, installed that, still won't finish installing.

And because Oculus Home deletes all your games when you uninstall it(which I've had to do 3 times now in the 3 days I've owned my Rift), I'm gonna go over my bandwidth cap this month. That's nice.

Anyway this is major BS. This was THE GAME I wanted to try first in VR, and I can't even run it because it won't finish installing. GG.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

fentas
Honored Guest
Same problem for me.
Newly installed windows 10 (latest updates).
- gtx 980 / i7 6700k / 32gb ram / enough space.

~ after of couple of restarts it installed it successfully. I don't know what changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having similar difficulty. I would rather find a way that I didn't need to download such a large file again. It just wont finish installing and points me to oculus help.