cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo VR No longer allowing me to play because of my CPU

Plogo
Honored Guest
I have been playing echo VR for a while and really enjoy the game it has always run perfectly fine but recently I have run into a problem. Every time I now attempt to start the game it tells me, CPU doesn't meet the minimum spec. The game needs the SSE4.1/SSE4.2/AVX instruction sets to run. You'll need to upgrade your CPU to Oculus' minimum spec to play. Then the program ends I have been unable to play for a few days now, can someone please help I would really like to play echo VR again. My CPU is an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz.
22 REPLIES 22

Gasteclair
Explorer
Same problem with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz 4 cores

Digikid1
Consultant
Grab Oculus Tray Tool, install it, find the setting for spoofing your CPU and see if that works.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Maybe ask @cybereality what's going on. It's a bit silly stopping Cpu's working that were once working fine. I've called him into this thread so maybe he might help you..

Gasteclair
Explorer
That's because echo vr uses new assembly instructions which are not available on all x86_64 cpus, instead of using the old ones. Making 2 builds, one for old cpus, and another one for the new ones would be a great idea.

Gasteclair
Explorer
@Digikid1
Not working, because it's not related to oculus, but directly to assembly instructions.

You'll need to upgrade your CPU to Oculus' minimum spec to play.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Gasteclair
Explorer
@Hiro_Protag0nist
It was working perfectly before this update, so I will not upgrade my cpu just because of an update, this is a scam.

Digikid1
Consultant

@Digikid1
Not working, because it's not related to oculus, but directly to assembly instructions.

Just curious....did you even try it?  Echo VR is working on my VR computer at my store and it's an i5 7400 series.

Just realized what CPU you have......time for a new build soon anyways sadly.  😞

Gasteclair
Explorer
I find solution : 
- install hxd or any hexadecimal editor
- open echovr.exe in hexadecimal editor
- ctrl-f
- find hex
- find "3C 1B 00 00 90 E8 36 02 00 00 83 E0 38 3C 38 74" (Offset 000B9910)
- replace "
3C 1B 00 00 90 E8 36 02 00 00 83 E0 38 3C 38 75"
- save
- launch echovr.exe and that should be working
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?