cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Strap not charging

Furious47
Honored Guest

I got an elite strap a few months ago, and it was working just fine, but today it doesn't charge. I can charge the headset itself just fine, but the elite strap just doesn't charge. It keeps telling me that the battery is '--%' 

What's the problem? Is my thing broken?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @DaveorMark! We see that your Elite Strap with Battery is not charging. We totally get how important it is to have everything working like a charm, so we'd be happy to help. We have a few helpful tips that should help. Please continue with the following:

• Trying to flip the orientation of the charging cable into the Elite Strap with Battery. Unplug and turn over the plug and plug it back in.
  • Trying another outlet.
  • Making sure the Elite Strap with Battery hasn't suffered any damages recently (drop, punch, etc.)
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, thanks for bringing this to our attention It's important that we take a deeper look into this for you. Here is a link to a support article on Elite Strap battery performance , we strongly recommend that you only use the USB-C charging cable and power adapter that as included with your Quest 2 headset to charge the Elite strap with battery. Using other charges could damage the battery or the headset.

We hope that this information provides you with a solution, however in the case it doesn't please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DaveorMark
Explorer

I’ve been having a problem getting  my Q-2 with elite strap w battery to charge, I’ve seen other similar posts but they were about Q-3. Can anyone help? I’ve had everything for less than a month. Am I going to have to return everything back and call it a day?!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @DaveorMark! We see that your Elite Strap with Battery is not charging. We totally get how important it is to have everything working like a charm, so we'd be happy to help. We have a few helpful tips that should help. Please continue with the following:

• Trying to flip the orientation of the charging cable into the Elite Strap with Battery. Unplug and turn over the plug and plug it back in.
  • Trying another outlet.
  • Making sure the Elite Strap with Battery hasn't suffered any damages recently (drop, punch, etc.)

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy, @DaveorMark! We were just checking in with you to see if you were still needing assistance. We look forward to hearing from you, and want to ensure you're well taken care of. We hope you have a great day!

I don't know how to accept a solution to mark the reply to help others

Hey there @DaveorMark! I noticed you had a question I could answer and wanted to pop in and inform you that you can accept a post as a solution if you were the author of the thread.

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?