daddydendy
Honored Guest

It’s new and won’t charge the unit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! If you're currently having an issue with your Elite Strap with Battery for your Quest 3, I recommend reaching out on this thread here. I'm currently having our engineering and product team look into this and will be posting updates in there as they come in! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there daddydendy, thanks for reaching out! You probably wanna make use of that extra battery life, but being unable to charge the headset with the strap's battery definitely limits you in that regard. Let's try the following steps:

• When charging, ensure your charging cable is connected to your headset properly. If you're not sure, unplug your charging cable from the headset and power brick, then plug it back in.

• Make sure the LED light on the side of your headset is lit while charging. If the LED light is not lit Orange or Green, your headset is not being properly charged.

• When your headset isn't charging and isn't in use, make sure that it is turned off or in sleep mode.

• Your headset battery may be too hot and may need to cool down before charging.

If you're still having trouble with charging your headset, please submit a support ticket with us and we'd be happy to look into this further for you. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My elite strap isn’t charging. I plug it into the elite strap charging port but it charges the headset but not the elite strap

Asanti-ni
Explorer

I am having the same issue, the headset is charging but the elite strap will not charge, just showing Extended Battery --%

I am able to charge mine by disconnecting the elite strap from tne headset and charging the elite strap separatly. I think the elite strap had the battery drained to a point it couldn't start charging through the headset. Mine is now charging correctly.

I am able to charge mine by disconnecting the elite strap from tne headset and charging the elite strap separatly. I think the elite strap had the battery drained to a point it couldn't start charging through the headset. Mine is now charging correctly.

That worked for me - thanks!

I'm having the same issue: my Elite Strap with Battery is not charging and stays at 0 %.

But when daisy-chaining — plugging the charging cable from my Quest 2 into the Battery Strap, and then the Strap's cable into my Quest 2 — my Quest 2 gets charged as if it would be connected directly to the charging cable.

Charging the Battery Strap while the Quest 2 is not connected to it doesn't do the trick.

Try charging the strap by connecting the charger cable directly to the battery. Let it charge for a while as it takes more time to start showing as charging if the battery is very drained.

I have the opposite experience. When daisy chaining, my oculus will not charge. I have to have the oculus plugged in and the battery pack plugged in (to seperate adapters) to get a sufficient charge. Otherwise my batter pack charges but my oculus dies.