cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite strap with battery slow to charge

Pugalucci
Honored Guest

I have been charging my quest 2 and elite strap with battery for almost 8 hours and the elite strap battery is only at 70%. I've only had the Quest 2 headset and strap since Christmas. Is this faulty?

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Pugalucci wrote:

I have been charging my quest 2 and elite strap with battery for almost 8 hours and the elite strap battery is only at 70%. I've only had the Quest 2 headset and strap since Christmas. Is this faulty?

Maybe make sure to fully power down your headset, wait for the white light to turn off, then plug in your Q2 charger/cable.  This will charge your headset battery firs, then top off your Elite strap battery.  I don't think you can just charge the Elite battery by itself.

If you've let your headset battery get too low this may effect how long it takes.  Sometime I find it best to fully charge the headset battery, then connect the elite cable and charge it.

If you still cannot fully charge both within a reasonable time (less than 4 hours) then contact Meta support I guess.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I appreciate the suggestion. I had powered off the headset completely before I charged. The battery on the Quest 2 charges to 100%, but after 10 hours of charging the elite strap get to 71% and won't go beyond that. I'm going to use the vr and run the battery down and charge the strap separately for the headset and see if that resolves the issue, I have put in a request with Meta customer services as well as I feel after such a short time of owning it, I shouldn't be having battery issues 

I don't think you can charge the strap battery by itself.  At least mine doesn't seem to be able to do this.  I think it's designed to charge together with your headset battery.  If your Q2 is powered down and connected to the Elite strap battery when you charge it from your Q2 charger/cable an orange light on the headset should turn on.  When both are fully charged it should turn green.  If you are not going to use it right away you should then disconnect the Elite strap headset plug or it will slowly drain the strap battery.  You'll lose ~15% overnight if you leave it plugged in.

Anyway, hopefully Meta support can help sort this out for you.  Good luck mate and cheers.

There is a bit more info on the meta support website;

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/meta-quest-accessories/charg...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Howdy there, @Pugalucci! We completely realize that you're having trouble charging the Elite Battery Strap and we're aware of how this may be harming your VR experience, which we don't like to hear.

As a result, we strongly advise attempting to detach the Elite strap and charge it separately. If you're still having trouble with this after trying to recharge it by itself, please open a ticket here so you can schedule a callback or chat live with you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!