cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

Same issue with mine. I transferred the account without using Facebook. Once that issue popped up I tried repairing the software but still no luck.

Just found a semi fix for the issue. Logging in with an oculus account is currently broken but press "login with an email address" and it will open up a website. Logging into the website with your oculus account details let's you sign into the app/software. Hope this helps

Sweet, it worked! Thank you

Wait, that actually makes complete sense as a semi fix...at least, kind of sort of. 😅 I think that's (at least currently) basically the option to login with your new Meta account. Definitely sounds like it might not be super clear about it, but I think you figured it out! Thanks for sharing with the community! 👍

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

I have just downloaded the oculus pc app for the first time. I type in my log in info and when I hit enter instead of sending me through a red notification pops up. It says "You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue." There's nowhere to update the app from and I downloaded it right from the site so it should already be functional. The official page that tells how to update the app says I must go into the app, go into the library, and update from there.

So I can't login without updating & I can't update until I login. I have deleted and redownloaded 5 times now. I have deleted, restarted my computer, and redownloaded once already via the instructions from the help line. nothing seems to work. All I wanna do is play steam exclusive vr games, but the app doesn't even function upon first use. I had to explain everything like 4 times to the person on the help line before they understood the situation and now we are moving to email communications rather than chat box.

Lada333
Explorer

Hello!

I got an email this morning saying I can migrate my Facebook account to a Meta account to use for VR.

I have got a Rift S, so naturally, after successfully completing the migration, I opened up the Oculus app on my Windows PC. I found that I was logged out, so I went to log in again.

No matter if I use the "Continue with Facebook" or "Have an Oculus account?" buttons, after typing in my account details, I get an error message saying:

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

I have tried:

• restarting the app
  • restarting my pc
  • downloading OculusSetup.exe to repair the Oculus app
  • completely uninstalling the app, restarting my pc, then reinstalling the app

I always get this same error message.

What do I need to do in order to be able to log in so I can use my headset?

Looking forward to your response,

Lada

---

edit:

Here's another thread discussing the same issue.

--

edit 2:

Oculus support suggested I do the following:

Spoiler
1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
3. Backup any necessary content.
* You can find steps on how to do so by [clicking here](https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-rift-s/rift-backup-co...).
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
* C:\Program Files
7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
* C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website [here](https://store.facebook.com/quest/setup/).
11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

It didn't work for me, but it might be the solution for some of you.

I have the same issue. If you find a solution, would you please let us know how you fixed it?

I have the same problem. I migrated my account. Now nothing works, every login option eventually leads to a message that my Oculus app version is unsupported. I've tried to download the installer again and reinstalled it. It didn't help.

If I figure it out I'll send you another reply. This is dumb and shouldn't be happening in the first place.

I have the same issue.  Went on the Meta page for devices, downloaded the linked setup and it gave the same error message.  What a **bleep** up.

My assumption is that all we need is for a member of Meta to provide the CORRECT URL for us to download v43.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?