cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

I talked to someone in live chat, they gave me the following advice:

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
3. Backup any necessary content.
* You can find steps on how to do so by [clicking here](https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-rift-s/rift-backup-co...).
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
* C:\Program Files
7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
* C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website [here](https://store.facebook.com/quest/setup/).
11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

I have tried it two times now, unfortunately, the issue still persists. It's worth a shot tho, it might help you guys out.

Wow.......same issue here. Seriously this is just ridiculous in the extreme. Time to go buy another brand as "meta" have utterly destroyed what was once a rock solid platform

Did you set those 3 rules to allow or block the connection in the firewall?

Same here, just updated, i can log in meta on web and see all my details, games that i purchased on oculus, but software just tells me it is no longer supported, it also still says log in with oculus and not meta, even if you download the rift software from the meta website!

Check out this thread, there's also a discussion going on about this issue.

One person suggested that following this guide fixed their problem. It didn't work for me, but it's worth giving it a shot.

fix not working for me either

It restricted my download speed to like 2MB/s, waited about 50 minutes for it to finish downloading, only to get to the same old error message 😞

thomasmast5_0-1661342896290.png

I am setting up my new Oculus Quest 2 on my computer for occulus link but when i try to log in, it is stuck at “Getting the latest software update”.

Impossible for me to play on my computer with the occulus because i can't login into the app occulus

ive been on with support and it is now a known issue that they are looking into, so no fix you just have to wait until its fixed their end

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?