cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

Gyttahi
Honored Guest

Hey lol plan to get back to us on this or something because since the newest update I've been having the same thing happen to me, I'm unable to access either of my accounts saying the password I reset was wrong when I know for an absolute fact is right. SOOOOOO can you maybe do your job and likeeee tell us like right now? Because it's been about a month and I'm pretty **bleep**in sure your "team" can release some bugfix to alleviate this problem.

I am just a user like you with issues too

No dude I'm sorry it wasn't for you it was for that employee.

Do you have a solution for this? Just booted up the oculus app, and last time it was running fine, and now can't use it due to above issue

What above issue?

Below I'm pasting my final update for the escalation support of the Oculus.:

After performing a Drive and OS wipe and OS reinstall with re-partitioning the application has been successfully installed.

Still I do not see it as a solution, especially, that the previous OS was healthy and had no other issues then the Oculus app that stopped working on the moment the forced migration appeared and later it was only worse.

At this point each time I see a notification about an update of any oluculs headset, mobile app, or the desktop app, I feel rly unpleasant.

I have spent in total 30h on troubleshooting, exchanged with you over 40 emails, spent approx 3h on the support chat and still I have approx 2 days of focused work on remapping the applications on my desktop to setup all the way is comfortable in the environment for me.

I can't describe how much negative I am about Oculus, Meta and Facebook for the above. and for sure, the time invested in to this is not in any way profitable for me. I do earn way more in 40h, the the oculus set will be ever worth. I have purchased it for it compact, plug&play and easy use, not to spend so much time (actually none) compared to the competition, where you need to setup satellites, or sync stuff before use. Now I have learned, that with Index it is sufficient to deploy the setup once and then it is also plug&play. Even I will not be missing the airplay, as I was using the cable for the performance reasons.

Anyway.
I have the issue fixed in a classic 90's way. None of the solutions provided by the support helped in any way.

Regards,

I have gone through so much of troubleshooting. It all ends up on support telling you to reinstall your OS. I find it honestly disrespectful to my time, my resources and also my privacy in certain way - because of their fckp I loose my time, I loose my data and then even more time.

I'm done with this company. and they should not think that stuffing my account with shop credits is going to make it any better.

Fully understand 

I fully understand.  I think we may have to chalk it up as a loss and move on.

Actually mine is finally working but still don’t know if it will continue on 

Got mine to work by re downloading the oculus windows app, and chose to the repair the install. Just a shame it didn’t bring up that as an option when it stated I was using an outdated application.