cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

dana.167335
Honored Guest

I started my meta accout and can no longer use my headset. It says to use this 8 digit code however my device says to use a 5 digit code. I can no longer use my headset. I'm not very good at this tech stuff so it's very difficult for me. Can some one help and I've already did the resets and everything

Hi Dana, you have my sympathy. We were never able to get it to work on my iPhone. But I borrowed someone else’s iPhone, and install the oculus software and finally got it to sync up. Never got any help from oculus, so good luck to you. - Tom

@dana.167335wrote:

however my device says to use a 5 digit code.

This means you have factory reset the headset.

Follow the instructions on the screen that displays the 5 digit code, to setup your headset from scratch. On your phone, download and install the latest Meta Quest app, and so on...

So what exactly is goin on? Now the pc app simply wants to be updated to a supported version. Where is the link?

Now I can't connect to my pc?

fivihe3094.2022
Honored Guest

Hey there, I just wanted to say thanks for bringing this up. We're now in contact with our technical team to identify the problem, determine the meta tags analyzer source, and find a solution. In order to gather this crucial data for our staff, we'd want to invite everyone to share their experiences and any troubleshooting techniques they've attempted in this thread. We value your comments and patience as we investigate this, so thank you!

The answer that worked for me, was to re-download the Meta APP - OculusSetup.exe. Once it ran, it wrote over the previous version and that got it back up in working order. 

So it reminds of the issue you find when your graphics drivers haven't been updated in years, you go to update from the current installed program, it gets an error, so you end up having to download the drivers directly from Nvidia, that then overwrites the old data and brings it back up to speed. 

Now the only issue I have is missing out on the last sale where I could have gotten RE4VR for $20.00! 

Anywho, cheers. 

I also deleted and then reinstalled the Oculus app on my PC, don’t use my phone as my games are on my computer, and it started working but had issues with my Meta account too

CheatMageLVL
Honored Guest

All these account merges have made me lose track of my purchases. Meta needs to stop playing with accounts. That new login portal seems to have lost or *forgot* what my purchases were tied to so I had to make a new account.  Is this a ploy to make us buy games again? 

Yeah, C:\Program Files\Oculus\OculusSetup.exe got the Oculus app updated.

However, now it says "Wrong username or password"

I use the same username/password that I just used to log in and post this.

The *only* thing that has changed is I migrated to the Meta account, as requested by email.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

neoelemental
Honored Guest

I'm having same issuing plz help