cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

GOLFERAA
Protege

I have a similar  problem.  I have to upgrade my Oculus Quest 2 and when it finished it prompted me to set up a Meta account.  So I did and then they sent you and 8 digit code to enter on meta.com/device.  After numerous attempts, even though it said I was entered correctly, it finally locked me  out.

Today I tried again and just ignored the codes they keep sending and went to guardian then rift.  Unfortunately the games on my PC aren’t accessible like they used to be so I went to settings,

Currently I can access my games but not on the dash.  Have to take off the headset, go to the PC and open the simulator, and wait for it to load on Oculus.

they should have worked out the bugs before releasing the new software…..

Hey there! That's not an experience we want to hear from our customers. We'd love to help.

Can you please uninstall and reinstall the Oculus mobile app and see if it helps. There is also the auth.met.com/settings on their mobile or desktop app and log out. next you can log in with with whatever account you have set up. Let us know if that helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I'm stuck on the same screen, for the last week. My mobile app shows connected to the headset but the headset just shows the 5 digit pairing screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the phone app (iOS) and factory resetting the headset but I get back to the same point. The device doesn't show up in oculus.com/my/devices/

htt_ps://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Emerging-issue-Desktop-App-not-finalizing-the-process-after/...

additionally, I have tried to repair the oculus app, but then I got another error:

Can't connect. Looks like we can't reach the oculus server. Please check your connection.

I have tried uninstalling the app just now, and I'm not able to install it again, as the **bleep** app claim: Can't connect. Looks like we can't reach the oculus server. Please check your connection.

I start to loos my patience on how big disaster is the dev team.

I can't even re-install the app, as it claim, there is no connection to the meta servers.

How can you enforce change to the users, without being actually prepared for the change.

Can you please tell me, how can you enforce change on to the users without actually being prepared for that change at all.

Why in the hell is this week-old post marked as "the solution?"

It doesn't offer any solutions at all.

drbrain66
Explorer

A lot of us are having this problem, support keeps saying they are working on a fix, nobody knows how long that will take, it has been almost a week that I can't use my new headset and no answers from support.

Here's the answer - it worked for me too.

Full credit goes to:-

"MWRutherford (Level 2) who posted a new reply in Support on 08-28-2022 06:00 AM:"

I also downloaded the Rift software from Meta & selected Repair.

https://store.facebook.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/getting-started/getting-started-with-rift-s/ins...

https://store.facebook.com/gb/quest/setup/

https://www.oculus.com/download_app/?id=1582076955407037

hope this helps you for your Oculus Rift

Again big thanks to MWRutherford