cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Camera Roll Access / Accessing Iphone Photos & media on a paired Meta Quest 2 Headset

Kashmeresmth
Honored Guest

Hello:

This is driving me insane.  I have an Iphone X with the latest version of Ios.  I am relatively new to the meta quest 2 headset.  

I have read on multiple support threads / help articles that there should be a setting in my Oculus App (named Meta Quest 2 app now).  I work in technology but can not find this setting.  At this point I am guessing this setting may not be available due to Apple privacy or something .. I looked in the Settings are and device settings too all within the meta quest 2 app on my iPhone.

I am looking for the easiest way to view some of my photos and videos on my Meta Quest 2 Headset.  I can't imagine this should be so difficult.

Thanks for any response.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @Kashmeresmth. We see you're having issues with your Meta Quest headset and mobile app, and we'd like to help you resolve this so you can sync media between your headset and phone. For the time being, make sure you first install the Meta Quest app and pair it with your headset. Then we can manage your media in the following ways.

• From Camera:
    • From the universal menu, select Camera.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select the toggle next to Sync Media to Quest Mobile App.
  • From the Files app:
    • Select to open Apps.
    • Select the Files app.
    • Under Recent, select or   to turn automatic media syncing on or off.
  • To manually sync or unsync individual files:
    • Select to open Apps.
    • Select the Files app.
    • Navigate to a specific file and select , then select Sync or Unsync.

For VR photos and videos to sync, the headset needs to be on and idle. The sync will fail if you open another app, if the headset disconnects from Wi-Fi or if the headset turns off. VR videos that are over a minute long need to be individually synced from VR. Videos over 1mb can't be synced and must be transferred using a cabled connection. Note: Media will not take up space on your phone unless you download it from the Meta Quest 
If you find that you still cant navigate the headset please reach out to us for more information.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello:

I saw that article and it did not help me.  I am simply looking to access photos / videos from my iPhone using my Quest 2 headset.  There are references online to a setting "Enable Camera Roll Access" in the App, but I can't find any such setting on the App on my iPhone.  The articles I read say once you enable this setting the iPhone will display as an option to look at media on the Occulus headset if both are on the same network.  

Hey again,@ Kashmeresmth! Thank you for reaching back out regarding this matter, as well as informing us that you are unable to see this feature in your mobile app setting. We know how this can damper your VR experience. So that we can get to the bottom of this issue, please respond with the following:

• Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing in your settings?
  • have you tried updating your mobile app?

Once we grab this information, we can work together to try and gain access to your photos.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I can't find the setting myself.  Here is a link to what I found online (search for "Camera Roll Access" and you will see a setting is mentioned.  Oculus Gallery - Oculus Quest Play (oqplay.com)

If you can just tell me the simplest way to access the photos and videos on my iPhone from the Meta Quest 2 headset that would be sufficient.  I am guessing the setting mentioned does not exist since I can not find it.

If you are unable to complete the download from the Quest on its own, another option is to access your photos through the Facebook application. After that, you can access the following directory:
How to Share Images, Pictures & Videos from Oculus Quest 2. 

1) Find the Images, Pictures or Videos. First, you must find the images, pictures or videos from the “Sharing” tab. 

2) Select Share. 

3) Select Messenger. 

4) Select People and Send. 

5) Notification Message Appears. 

6) Click Done. 

1) Press Oculus Button.

2) Click Apps.

If this does not work, please visit our support page for additional help and information. You can find us by clicking on this link.

amitsingh.570588
Honored Guest

Nyc and thanks 

bluebeachwolf
Honored Guest

did some digging and found that the app your Referring to only supports the oculus go headset. not the quest 2.