cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to respond to Meta Quest Support emails

Besteresis
Honored Guest

Hello,

I've got into contact with Meta Support because I wanted to get a replacement for a controller. When sending the E-Mail to reply to the support team, I receive a reply to this email from a email within the "fb.onmicrosoft.com" domain, telling me that I am "not authorized to relay messages to the server that reported this error". I sent the email from the gmail-Website. Is this a problem within Meta or is there any way to workaround this and comment on my request in another way? The Email the Meta support sent me has no link or anything similar that would take me to an website view of this request.

Besteresis_0-1688631709920.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Besteresis@RV-VR-3D and anyone who might be having this issue! Just wanted to put these threads together to let you know this is something that's currently being looked into.

The best suggestion I can provide at the moment is to attempt creating a different ticket (Most likely a callback request or a live chat) with a new/different email domain since it won't count it towards your previous interactions, or if possible keep trying to send a response every 30 minutes or so and let us know if you're successful or not.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

I had an issue with my quest 1. I couldn't cast to my phone. I decided to factory reset my quest to see if that would work. lt didn't and because I couldn't cast for the initial pairing needed to use the headset I could no longer use it. I sent the headset in to be replaced and the headset I was sent back had the exact same issue. I tried pairing it in 4 different phones and 4 different wifi networks (My normal internet, 5g internet, my mobile data on my phone and even my local library's wifi). I messaged customer support and after giving them all my info they seem to think I am not me because the headset I was talking about was not linked to my account. I said multiple times before that that I can't link it to my account because the headset won't pair but before I sent them the email explaining that I got an error in that chat. Is there anyone that can help me?

RV-VR-3D
Honored Guest

Hi,

I receved a mail from JuleRN from Meta Support.

When reply to the "request (7577607)" , with photos and description, my e-mail return me a strange message :

Office 365 h.gaerthner is not authorized to relay messages thrugh the server that reportes this error.

My elite strap is brocken and I would love to find the way to have a new one.

Best regards

Herve Gaerthner

Hey there! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We understand how this may be affecting your VR experience. So, we'd like to jump in and assist you in getting this fixed as quickly as possible. So we can further assist, could you please provide your ticket number? We look forward to your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Besteresis@RV-VR-3D and anyone who might be having this issue! Just wanted to put these threads together to let you know this is something that's currently being looked into.

The best suggestion I can provide at the moment is to attempt creating a different ticket (Most likely a callback request or a live chat) with a new/different email domain since it won't count it towards your previous interactions, or if possible keep trying to send a response every 30 minutes or so and let us know if you're successful or not.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

No point in sending another request as you get a reply saying "you have a ticket open so we will merge this with that one..."

And what ever you do, don't try attaching a ZIP file as requested as that gets bounced as its too big

And dropbox links also get bounced unless you replace the // and . symbols with words!!

Its pretty poor really - a technology company help desk that can't sort out an e-mail system ... however you can't sort out software upgrades, kill everyones system by going to another version that doesn't work and the people that are suffering are the customers - remember us? the ones that handed over money for something they can no longer use??

Hey there! Thank you for that information. After reviewing the ticket, it looks like the agent is waiting on a response from you. Please continue working with the agent so they can work on getting you another replacement. If you're having an issue responding to us, please let us know so we can further assist with that issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Every time I try to respond it gives me this email

Hey there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please try sending the email again to see if it will go through! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?