cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to cast to a TV

Mattrock607
Level 2

TL;DR: despite trying every suggested fix I could find, my Quest 2 no longer casts to my television and I'm not sure why.

The Quest sees the TV, but I'm getting an error that reads "casting/ live streaming error. There was an error and your streaming has stopped."

This wasn't a problem before. We haven't used the headset for nearly a year, but when we did, we had no problems casting to this same television, on the same WIFI connection and router. The only thing different now is my Google Pixel 7 Pro phone, which shouldn't be an issue whatsoever (my old phone was a Pixel 4a 5G).

The phone, my PC, and every other device in our home casts to the TV without issue, so I've all but entirely ruled out the TV being an issue. The phone was released less than a month ago and has zero issues so I doubt it's the phone. Which leaves the Quest 2 or the Internet.

So far I've tried:

• Rebooting all three devices
  • Updating software on all three
  • Factory reset on the TV
  • Factory reset on the Quest 2

Our internet is provided as a part of our rent. It's a managed Spectrum internet. There's no 5 ghz here (one of a million reasons we're excited to buy a house next year). So if it's internet related there's not much I can do, apart from calling them and asking them to remotely reboot our internet. But if there's anything I can try with the quest I'd love to know what. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We hate to hear you're experiencing an issue with casting! We appreciate you letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried to get the issue resolved itself. If possible, we would like for you to try casting with a different phone, cast to the tv from another app (Netflix, YouTube) This will help us rule out whether issue is with the headset or phone. We would also suggest turning off the Wi-Fi on all devices and then turning it back on. 

We would like for you to respond back to us in a private message if you're still in need of assistance. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.