cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every time I restart my PC I have to reconfigure my Rift.

kludermor
Honored Guest
When I restart my PC it shows my POST BIOS screen longer than usual and my Rift doesn't work any more.
I then have to unplug the Rift and restart the PC again. Then I have to reconfigure my rift by going through the tutorial again and plug in my Rift when prompted.
Then everything is working again until I shut down my PC and have to do it all over the next time i start up.

Anybody know a fix for this problem?

I do have a warning about my USB 3.0. But I have 2 USB 3.0 controllers and when I plug the Rift and sensor in the correct ports, I get all green OK status.

I run Win10 on a Gigabyte x79s up5 MB, CPU i7-3930K OC @ 4.2 GHz, 16Gb ram and GPU 970, Oculus Home on SSD 500Gb

Edit: I can start my PC without Rift plugged in, and then I only have to plug in Rift without reconfiguration. But If I start my PC with Rift plugged in, I have to unplug and restart.
6 REPLIES 6

dmock1
Protege
Try reinstalling your drivers. There might be an update that Windows isn't detecting. 

phuhque
Protege
At least that is all you have.  Since I connected my rift, I am unable to restart my computer.  I have my system setup to fail at bootup without keyboard entry.  Now when I restart, my keyboard does not light up properly.  I have to toggle the power switch first, then it boots just fine.  I have never had hardware interfere like this with any computer or device I have ever owned.  Fantastic.

neorifter
Protege

phuhque said:

At least that is all you have.  Since I connected my rift, I am unable to restart my computer.  I have my system setup to fail at bootup without keyboard entry.  Now when I restart, my keyboard does not light up properly.  I have to toggle the power switch first, then it boots just fine.  I have never had hardware interfere like this with any computer or device I have ever owned.  Fantastic.

Hah, I can top that, after initially working for 2 hours my rift screens refuse to turn on. No amount of reconfig, reboots, reinstalls or anything is getting it to come back to life.

kludermor
Honored Guest

dmock1 said:

Try reinstalling your drivers. There might be an update that Windows isn't detecting. 

I have reinstalled my USB drivers and just updated my GPU drivers.
I can't use sleep mode on my PC either without Rift fails to start after.

Melmix
Expert Protege

Sounds like your bios settings might be trying to boot from the peripheral. Have you tried checking if your hdd is your first boot device priority?

If this doesn't work, try spamming the escape button just before you get to the post bios screen and see if you can get a view of what is happening behind that screen.

Me for the next year... :geek: VR4EVER! :lol:

kludermor
Honored Guest
Update: It is working but I can't remember how it startet working again.