cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything seems blurry

Anonymous
Not applicable
everything seems blurry to me. Is this normal?
19 REPLIES 19

asmode0s
Explorer
Over the last few days I have learned that you need to adjust a few things, but the image must be clear, it shouldn't be blurry. There is a part of the lens that you will see clearly through. A sweet spot. Find that. You'll have to adjust the visor up, down, left and right to find it. Finally the headset will be better or worse closer or further from your eyes. The included spacer for glasses can help with that.

TLDR: Adjust it so it isn't blurry. Wear your glasses while viewing.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It definitely shouldn't be blurry. Make sure to wipe your lenses thoroughly with the cloth that was provided.

AnnoyedDragon
Protege
I suppose it depends on what your expectations are. Since this is my first 'proper' VR device, I didn't have any initial Rift experiences to go by, just cheap plastic cardboard headsets. So when people said the screen door effect was gone and the lenses were crystal clear, I had high expectations. The SDE was the very first thing I noticed when putting it on, a blurriness to things the other. Unless something is right in your face it can feel like watching a 360p video at times.

I imagine people who are accustomed to VR and the Rift are more accepting of such things, as they are the baseline. When they say things are higher res and clearer, they mean 'in relation' to other prior experiences. I am happy with the Go as it is miles better than my mobile shoehorned into a headset, but I do wish it had a cleaner image. That it looked blurry was also my dad's first reaction, as he had high hopes of watching Netflix through it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
After playing different videos I noticed that Netflix was very clear on it compared to other videos on the other apps. All other videos like the rollercoster 360 and the Wrestlemania videos seem very blurry even when it’s up close to people.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

After playing different videos I noticed that Netflix was very clear on it compared to other videos on the other apps. All other videos like the rollercoster 360 and the Wrestlemania videos seem very blurry even when it’s up close to people.

The 360 experiences are going to be limited based on the author of the experience, not GO. The reason Netflix looks so good is because Netflix itself took the time to build a great app that takes advantage of film in VR. Some of the other 360 media out there is equally fantastic to watch. You just gotta find it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
That makes sense. I really want to love this product.

NeloDiavolo
Protege

Yes I agree. I'm no expert but It seems that the 3d capture videos such as the WWE WrestleMania and similar views are not as sharp as Netflix shows. I'm thinking it's just because Netflix is a 2d image and the 3d images were captured at a lower resolution?

Overall it is still clear enough to me and the glasses spacer is a godsend since I don't have to take my VR Lens Lab frames out of my Rift. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The original 360 cameras available on the market at the time VR went mainstream were just not that great. I own the 360Fly 4K myself, and the media is still 'grainy.'

Someone should make a list of the top/best 360 experiences for GO!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea Zenbane. Especially for people that are just getting into oculus.