cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook/Instagram/Meta Help Center - Dead End, Broken Links - NOT Helpful

MandyGirl23
Explorer

Hello,

On Jan 30th, I couldn't get into my Facebook and Instagram account because it was suspended. They said the reason for my suspension was because "I was under 13 years old". However, I am way over this age. I got an email from Facebook saying that someone from NY, US was logging into my account. Clearly, I am getting hacked here because I got charges from Facebook Marketplace on my credit card that I have not made at all. I was able to get help from the bank right away.

However, the Meta/Facebook/Instagram Help Center was NOT HELPFUL at all. I want to get my accounts back. However, the directions kept bringing me to dead-ends, broken links, and no appeal CTA button. How can I contact them directly if they don't provide a phone number or email? 

I would research to see what other people did in my shoes and some people had the appeal button present on the suspension page, or a page to upload a photo for identification purposes. In my case, I can't even sign into my account because it goes straight to the suspension page. When it says "click auth.oculus.com to follow instructions to appeal", I click it and it brings me to "Meta Quest Profile Page" (I've attached screenshots).

Screenshot_20240201_145709_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240201_145723_Photos.jpg

There's absolutely nowhere to send an appeal. I looked around the Account Center, Meta Support page and tried to search up "appeal" as the keyword, and nothing showed up.

The help center says I would need to login to request an appeal, but how can I do that if I can't even login because my account is suspended?

These "instructions" on Facebook has NOT been helpful at all. I can't even get a hold of them directly because there is no phone number. There are links that don't even work. For example, I went to "Account Disabled" then there's a line that says "if you believe your account was disabled by mistake please contact us". I clicked the link for "contact us" and it says "the link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed." 

So this is what I mean when their help center leads to dead ends and broken links.

I NEED to get in contact with Meta/Facebook/Instagram directly, so that I can fix my problem and get my accounts back.

I have so many memories on Facebook and Instagram with my family, friends, traveling, and valuable connections. I talk to my family and distant family members through Messenger and talk to my friends through Instagram. I have my facial/skin care portfolio on Instagram that I would use to apply for jobs and I even got emails from potential employers saying they wanted to see my portfolio but they couldn't see my Instagram. I worked so hard to build that page up with the reels, gaining over 1000 followers, participating in collaborative giveaways, and being connected with people I've met through the beauty industry and networking events. I use these apps daily and to have this happen has been incredibly annoying. Because I can't get any of those photos and videos back.

I would greatly appreciate a direct email/phone number to get in contact with Facebook/Meta/Instagram.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

[NOT A SOLUTION] - Just marking this for an easier visibility.

Hey everyone, as @FunkyTanuki has previously mentioned, we've brought this up with the appropriate team and the issue has been properly reported. That team has informed us that they will be investigating so we thank you for your patience.

To those unaware, this thread is strictly for if you receive a message stating to 'go to Auth.Oculus.com' for assistance with your Facebook/Instagram account.

If you don't receive this message, I highly suggest continuing through the respective Help Centers for Facebook/Instagram account assistance.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

1,569 REPLIES 1,569

Please STOP deleting my post. This is affecting several people and needs to be addressed. 

I am reaching out to urgently seek assistance regarding the deactivation/lockdown of my Instagram and Facebook accounts. The issue arose when I granted access to my Oculus device to my child, resulting in a suspension due to a violation of community guidelines.

In response to the suspension, I have taken immediate steps to address the situation. I promptly verified my age by completing the required payment and created a linked child's account on my Oculus/Meta account. Despite these efforts, the support teams for Instagram and Facebook have yet to provide a resolution.

Upon reaching out to Meta support, I provided pertinent information, including a screenshot of a message from Facebook instructing me to contact Meta:

"We suspended your account. Your account was suspended because your linked Meta account doesn't follow our rules. Log into your linked auth.oculus.com account to appeal our decision."

The lack of support and communication is both disconcerting and alarming, especially considering the longstanding activity of my accounts, spanning nearly two decades. The reason for the suspension seems to be triggered by a report stemming from my child's actions, where she requested someone to refrain from using inappropriate language. Subsequently, the individual reported her for being underage. I am particularly troubled by the absence of a comprehensive investigation into this matter, and the fact that Meta seems to be actively silencing everyone that is affected by this.

I request your immediate attention to this issue and seek your assistance in resolving the suspension of my Instagram and Facebook accounts.

Regards

Good luck. If you look through these forums, you'll see HUNDREDS of people with the similar issues, all related to child accounts. Meta will do nothing but give you the run-around for MONTHS. 

I am currently going through the same exact issue. I am not sure of the resolution. It’s been 5 days so far that I have been suspended. 

That’s crazy. So they will eventually reactivate it? I’m confused. Is there like a time line? 

Hey Zer0_Trust, I wanted to inform you that your case and the issue overall is being reviewed by the appropriate team. I want to thank you for your patience while this gets reviewed. I do not have a time frame but will do my best to answer any questions you may have. Thanks!

"Pirates are evil." "The Marines are righteous." These terms have always changed throughout the course of history. Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values. Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right. This very place is neutral ground. "JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL" you say, but of course it will. Whoever wins the war becomes justice.

On behalf of all of us with this issue, we appreciate that Meta is actively working towards a resolution. This is affecting quite a few of your users. 

Regards,

ZT.

Is there someone to contact to be put on the list for the same issue? 

We've brought this up with the appropriate team and the issue has been properly reported. That team has informed us that they will be investigating. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

"Pirates are evil." "The Marines are righteous." These terms have always changed throughout the course of history. Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values. Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right. This very place is neutral ground. "JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL" you say, but of course it will. Whoever wins the war becomes justice.

I recently had my meta account and Facebook account suspended saying I needed to verify age so I did. Now my meta account available but still not able to log in to Facebook. How can I get account back?