cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

401 REPLIES 401

thrillhouse1980
Honored Guest

After much digging. I finally figured out how to bypass the dreaded "no network connection" error on the login of the Gear Vr app. You need to log into your meta account via the web, and disable two-factor authentication in the settings (apparently it causes some kind of incompatibility with meta/oculus accounts). After I did this, it logged in immediately from the app. Hopefully this helps someone.

Thank you for Everything 😉 Arigato 

where would i find the two factor authentication switch?

samhunbun
Protege

i found it under auth.meta.com then selection password and security.
Unfortunately it's already turned off!

Sorry to hear that, it's what 100% fixed the no network connection error for me. I guess there are multiple reasons why the error occurs for some and not others. Some people on reddit also said that turning two-factor on then off again was another thing to try. Hope you can eventually solve your issue.

Done that already without seeing your reply.
It came naturally out of frustration 🙂
didn't work!
Can't believe a company like this can't solve a small login problem!
other than thinking that when the App was installed, it was after registering that i have an old product. Gear VR.
Thus the company does not want this product owners to continue using it. So they blocked every mean to login to any accounts made with this Hardware.
All to push people into buying their new products.

I am mean come on. Normal email login is blocked. Facebook login is blocked. Linking any account through Facebook is blocked.

Is that all bad luck ? i doubt it!

tomaszku
Honored Guest

cześć, 

mam ten sam problem dotyczący korzystania z gogli Samsung vr  i oprogramowania , za które zapłaciłem. porażka. czego się nie tknie ten zjebany FB , przestaje działać albo troll, albo miliard aktualizacji.

occolus.rn
Honored Guest

Needed to do a reset on my Galaxy S7 and updated to latest OS and apps. Also ran into the issue with not able to logon through facebook (logon directly in the facebook app works, but not from the oculus app) or sign in with oculus. I have tried several things, uninstall apps, sync the accounts, enabled/disabled 2FA, connect with SIM but not able to fix it. Whats strange is that when i logon with oculus app in it states: No network connection, when i check oculus https://auth.meta.com/settings/security/ it shows that i got connected with oculus from my phone. So is there a handshake not going back to the Oculus app?

Oculus: ver 9.0.0.257.473

Oculus App Runtime: ver 9.0.0.232.450

Oculus Browser: ver 8.1.5.203450095

Oculus Home: ver 9.0.0.232.450

Oculus media plugin ver 1.0

Oculus system activity 9.0.0.232.450

Oculus system driver 9.0.0.232.450

Oculus system utlities 9.0.0.232.450

Oculus VR: 9.0.0.257.473

Rax_fe
Honored Guest

I have the same issue!!

dilawer.prince.908
Honored Guest

Facebook Session Expired

Your Facebook session has expired or is invalid. Please log in to Facebook again.

Any people suggestion please help