cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook login deactivated

DiamondHorse
Honored Guest

Can't use my gear vr anymore as oculus requires meta account but forces me to login by facebook. Nothing works  anymore. Error message is (please excuse this may not be the exact translation from German): "To keep your account safe you can't log in through embedded browser. Update the app from where you are login and try again". There is no update! I have deinstalled and installed again. What's the problem with FACEBOOK, OCULUS, META, WHATEVER??????? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? Can't be that hard to make the gear vr work again! If you deactivate it I want my money back!

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We understand you are concerned about the Meta accounts and not being able to enjoy your Meta device because you are unable to login to the account, this is not something we like to hear, but don't worry, we will get you taken care of as soon as possible.

Could you please Pm us so that we can look into this further. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

seems like a general problem that affects everyone,I've already contacted the helpdesk and tried different things but they can't solve it, I have the suspicion that the gear vr is just no longer supported but we are being kept on the line, not very nice of them.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DiamondHorse! If you're still having issues, please reach out to Samsung Support for further assistance with your Gear VR.

All the best.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

d2jkazb
Expert Protege

login to your facebook app and in setting theres option to enable external web browsers to login just turn it off and then turn back on it should work again without error ...

thank you friend but it doesn't work for me unfortunately, anyone else who has succeeded here on the forum?

still get the same error facebook login expired.

it drives me crazy

hi i moved my old oculus account created with facebook to meta and this account succesfully migrated to meta and i can login to gear vr in with facebook login and i see all my purchases on gear vr but i had second account with oculus this was without facebook and this migrated ok too on pc i can see all my gear vr purchases but on the app it doesnt let me sign in with my email....cant believe it

d2jkazb
Expert Protege

ok so i managed to fix the second account that had only oculus without facebook - u have to create facebook and add this to MetaAccounts Centre then in gear vr u have to login with this facebook login and if gear vr app ask for update because u have 2-step verification you have to disable this in your account in oculus/meta settings then the gear vr app lets u login without No Network Error or updating the app....this is what u have to do to keep your gear vr purchases and be able to login

d2jkazb
Expert Protege

do u have 2-step account verification? turn that off and gear vr app stop asking for update and u be able to log in without problem...

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to delete my oculus/meta account but it requires me to login to Facebook. For some reason, it keeps telling me that my email is wrong. I don't know if that's because I turned off the faces account sync or not. But I can't find where to turn it in back on. This is extremely frustrating and I am glad that I chose to return my oculus meta quest 2. Please advise