cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset/Reinstall Previous Purchases

Don_Burrito
Honored Guest

Hello,

I recently did a factory reset my Oculus Rift2. I also deleted my old Facebook account. I created a new account for my Oculus but all of my previously purchased games from my old account are now gone! 😕 How can I retrieve all of my VR games that I purchased? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@Don_Burrito If the Facebook account you deleted was linked to an Oculus account previously and it has been more than 30 days since you set it for deletion, there is no way to retrieve said games or content.

If your Facebook was deleted within the past 30 days, you can log into your Facebook account to cancel the deletion and gain access to all your content.

Feel free to reach back out if you have other questions!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@Don_Burrito If the Facebook account you deleted was linked to an Oculus account previously and it has been more than 30 days since you set it for deletion, there is no way to retrieve said games or content.

If your Facebook was deleted within the past 30 days, you can log into your Facebook account to cancel the deletion and gain access to all your content.

Feel free to reach back out if you have other questions!

@TheAntiSocializer Is there a way to keep the games that I will now repurchase, or transfer over to another account if I choose not to have a Facebook profile? 

Thank you for the help.

@Don_Burrito I'm not too sure they (Support) would look into unlinking your Facebook from the Oculus account but it could be worth a shot! 

If they do, the games and saves will stay connected to your Oculus account, so you won't have to worry about losing those.

GutlessHenry
Honored Guest

Hi I have not used my Oculus Go for ages and just had to factory reset it due to it now being Meta. I followed the instruction in the App, reset and set it up again with the same Facebook account. All my apps and games are gone which I purchased and can't find where my purchase history is or where to find my purchased content in the app or in the device. I tried buying VR Fishing which I've purchased on Oculus Go AND for the same game on my Quest2. Surely I'm not being forced to pay a second time for the game on the same device, same account? All because it's changed to meta!! 🤬 Anyone help or had the same issue?? 

Hey, thank you for pointing out this issue to us! We know the account merging process has its flaws and can seem a bit confusing. Factory resetting the headset should not have caused your games to disappear.

You may have created two separate accounts when merging. If you already have a Facebook or Oculus account, You must use this information to login and merge with your Meta account.

This way, all your games move over to the account. Once you do that, it gives you the option to continue using Facebook or you can use an email to finish creating the account. You can use this link to read more about the Meta account set up process.

We'd like to take a look at your account but need to verify some account details. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again! If you still need assistance please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I didn’t delete my Facebook account but had to do a factory reset in order to use all purchases are gone . What do I do now to get them back?

@trevorgap If you did a factory reset and can't find your games, you might have created a whole new account instead of merging right over from Oculus. You might need to hit up the support team so they can look into that for you.

If you factory reset then logged into your main account with your purchases, you just need to redownload the games/apps you had and they'll be right back. 

As for the content in those games, you might want to check which games have Cloud backup and which ones don't. Remember that if a game does not support cloud backup, that's the developer that chose to opt out.

Did a factory reset, logged back into account, library is completely empty. In order to download any of the games that were previously purchased they have to be purchased again…what gives?