cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset/Reinstall Previous Purchases

Don_Burrito
Honored Guest

Hello,

I recently did a factory reset my Oculus Rift2. I also deleted my old Facebook account. I created a new account for my Oculus but all of my previously purchased games from my old account are now gone! 😕 How can I retrieve all of my VR games that I purchased? Thank you

21 REPLIES 21

Hey there! As @TheAntiSocializer stated, some people have reported making a new account instead of merging right over. 

In order to look a bit deeper into this, feel free to shoot us a PM and we'd be more than glad to lend a hand! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I need help with my oq2 I factory reset it and I need help reinstalling them again please help if can thanks

Your best bet, to be honest, would be to PM the support team. They'll need to look into your account and make sure you're logged in with the right information. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Anonymous
Not applicable

did u figure out how to get your old purchases. I factory reset and it forced me to create a new acct and ofc I have re-purchase all the games I bought.

Hey @itsyourking.2023! We know it can be concerning when you lose access to your previous purchases. We're here to help!

After a factory reset, you should be able to log back in to the same account you previously were using in order to still have access to your purchases. If you created a new account, you will not have your previous purchases on the new account. As long as you have the login information for your old account, you should be able to perform another factory reset to pair your headset to the correct account, and then redownload all of your games again!

If you're having trouble logging into your old account, or need any assistance doing this, please go ahead and reach out to us in a private message. That way we can get your account info and take a deeper dive into what might not be working right. To contact us via PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to the same situation as you have gone to what do you do to me get your games back who do I contact do they have a phone number?

Howdy @michael.lafrenier.14, we noticed you are needing help finding your games. We know this can be inconvenient, and we understand how important gaining access to play your hard earned games is. We would love to do all that we can to assist you on this matter!

So that we can locate and verify your account, please PM us.

To do so, start by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

This process is ridiculous. We have FOUR headsets and when it forced us ALL to merge to Meta we had our games for a day and now they are all gone. We are being asked to repurchase them. Your solutions are nothing more than new problems. Just admit you want the added income despite our frustration. You know many will repurchase to avoid your hassles. Not this customer. Not worth it. 

Hey there, @TJ_Blazer. Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention, merging your accounts to a Meta account should not have caused you to lose all of your games, it's possible there could be some sort of account information that was put in incorrectly which caused you to make a new account that does not contain any of your old account information. 

Please PM us, we'll be happy to gather your account information and look into this further for you. Don't worry we'll do everything we can to get your games and accounts back! In order to PM us all you need to do is select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! 

Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, @TJ_Blazer! We're checking in on that issue you were reporting with missing your games due to the Meta account merging process. Absolutely no user should have to go without their purchase and collected VR content, we certainly understand that! With this in mind, we'd like to do everything we can to help get you back into your right account! Please reach out via PM if you still need us to look into this for you. We'll be glad to help!